Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-08-2001, 02:16 PM   #1
iron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

IF I decide to be a pure fighter with 18 str and 18 int can I multiclass with a Mage later in the game?
If I can dual fighter/mage what should dex, con, wis, be set to? What do you think?
Would a fighter/mage be allowed to where armor? Wield strong weapons?
What about skills? Which skills are good for a fighter or mage.

And what are some strong weapon's in the game. Any favorites?

Thanx,
Old 04-08-2001, 02:22 PM   #2
Lumanis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You can't wear armor and cast spells....

Although, with the right spells... you don't need armor.
Old 04-08-2001, 02:55 PM   #3
Magick_Mike
Dungeon Master

On the contrary Lumanis,

You can wear elven chain mail and still cast spells

Just thought ide add that in

Old 04-08-2001, 05:06 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by iron:

IF I decide to be a pure fighter with 18 str and 18 int can I multiclass with a Mage later in the game?
If I can dual fighter/mage what should dex, con, wis, be set to? What do you think?
Would a fighter/mage be allowed to where armor? Wield strong weapons?
What about skills? Which skills are good for a fighter or mage.

And what are some strong weapon's in the game. Any favorites?

Thanx,
Yes, you can dual class in your situation later in the game, since you have high enough STR and INT. As any other fighter should, the DEX should be 18, same as CON. With that said, the only 2 remaining stats is WIS and CHR. Personally I am one of those ppl who sit in front and continuously roll dices to get at least 93 totals, I would put at least 10 on WIS and the rest to CHR.

As for weapons, I usually dual wield Crom Faeyr in off hand, and Daystar/Celestial Fury in main hand. Meaning proficiencies will be in 2 weapon style (set to 3 slots), the rest will be mainly on hammers, and the remaining split between long sword and katana. I usually have more on Katana since I only use Daystar for its "sunray".

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 05:30 PM   #5
onthepequod
Quintesson

I have a figther dualed to a mage and am allowed to use a shield and helmet and can still cast. With the Bracers of AC 3 I am down to an AC of -8. I mention this because I previously assumed a shield and helmet were considered "armor" for spell casting purposes. Apparently they are not!

------------------
Buy low, sell high - I always say!
Old 04-08-2001, 06:53 PM   #6
Hesperex

Only armour thay covers the body, i.e restricts movement is considerd armour for spell casting purposes.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

[This message has been edited by Hesperex (edited 04-08-2001).]