Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2003, 06:24 PM   #1
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Light Bulb

You sometimes meet some creatures that do not show up often. I wonder if any of you have similar stories.

Ran into 2 Flesh Rippers, lev 13, about 180 HP, they have paralyze and possess and ?

This was on the Arnika-Trynton road. I don't recall seeing them before. (They look like mummies/ghouls).

Feel free to add your most infrequent enemies...
Old 12-06-2003, 06:55 PM   #2
Halsey
Dungeon Master

Wow, they're new to me. What level were you? Was this a regular party, or were the characters edited?
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 11:28 PM   #3
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Arrow

Still with the two-party. Using the RFS non-magic Monk and Faerie Bishop (formerly Ninja).

She is now 15, he's about 11 but would have to check. Coming out of the Swamp at night to the road. This party of one and a consort is working.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:17 PM   #4
sultan

cool one, zig!

because of the way the auto-leveller works, you'll find that if you take different size parties to certain areas, or take your usual party around in a new order, you'll run into monsters you've never seen before.

i would guess that in your case, zig, you were on the road at night, which makes a difference as well.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:41 PM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Yah, if you want to experience a vast variety of Undead, go to the graveyard at night.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:37 AM   #6
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi,

I once met Umpani Renegades (Lvl 5) with my Lvl 9 party in the Northern Wilderness. I've never seen them again in my games ( maybe because my party-level is usual higher in this area ).

Greetings
[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:50 PM   #7
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Light Bulb

Although I like the idea of going to the graveyard at night, I have met some bad_a** critters there. I think there were three sorceresses, perhaps Geomancers with an Elemental. Magic Screen and Element Shield weren't enough. A real challenge. I think there were others, some Trynnie spirits, not the first easy ones, these were much harder. Would like to see their stats.

I also wonder if you stop all monster gen in that area when you neutralize the cursed critter caught by a spell in the Crypt. The message you get implies you removed a curse or something.

Edit: Hi, Loudhy, tackling the Northern Wilderness at lev 9 sounds like a real challenge itself!

[ 12-08-2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]
Old 12-08-2003, 08:03 PM   #8
sultan

yeah, my wife and i refuse to travel almost anywhere at night now after our bad experiences on the arnika road. undead and sorceresses are bad near the cemetery, but other roads pop up some "more nasty than usuals" at the wee hours.

i only just discovered you can uncurse that fellow in the cemetery, so havent had a chance to test the spawning. if anyone's noticed, i'd like to hear.

edit: actually, that beginning sounds like it belongs in the other thread about "you know you're addicted to wiz 8 when..." [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-08-2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: sultan ]
Old 12-08-2003, 11:21 PM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

In a couple of games - so it's pretty rare - I've come across Trynnie outcasts and renegades. Not in Trynton, but on the Arnika-Trynton road.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:19 PM   #10
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

In my current game, i met succubus slimes and oozing slimes (both level 8). Can't remember seeing them before.

Killer Kubes are quite rare too (they show up sometimes in a retro dungeon)
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote