Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Wizardry 8 Forum

Old 11-27-2001, 02:25 PM   #31
Tholarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Trying to build up a bishop? Make sure you toss *ALL* skill points into three of the four parent spell categories (wizardry, divinity, alchemy, psionics) every time you level up, or you'll be gaining spell levels slower than a hybrid. Nothing like hitting level 9 or 10 with your bishop and realizing he still can't cast anything higher than level 2.

Also, cast noncombat spells at the highest power level you can to raise the other magic skills. For example, cast light at power level 7 every time you regain 7 spell points, your fire skill will rise fairly quickly.

Do everything efficiently and your bishop will become your most powerful caster, waste points and he will drag you down.

-FF
Tholarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 01:36 PM   #32
Syrin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

At level up.....

For fighter types put points into strength, dex and speed for more attacks and powerful attacks. Put points into a weapon first as this makes the biggest single difference over things like close combat, dual wield etc.

For spellcasters put them into int, piety and speed. Always put points into the main field (Wizardry, Psionics etc) and then into the specifics like fire, etc. Specilaiztion helps a ton.
Old 11-28-2001, 03:09 PM   #33
Elara
The Magister

Could be partial spoiler maybe..

Too much stuff? Party dragging their packs around on the ground, your mage can barely lift her spellbook and everyone goes slo-mo in combat? Try storing your stuff in Arnika..

Since no one on Dominus *ever* sleeps, I use the chest in Antone's bedroom. My mage set a portal there, so whenever my load gets too heavy I have my priest make a temp portal in my current location and return to Arnika. That way I can rest safely, sell all the heavy stuff I don't need to Tony, get a few more spike stones and shrike arrows from the shops, and put the good stuff I *might* need later plus all the gadgets into the chest. So far it's taken mounds of items (almost as good as the weightless scroll inventory in Stonekeep!) heh heh. Also, since Arnika seems to be the center on Dominus, and the portals to both the Umpani Base Camp (24 hour duty, Sir!) and the T'Rang base are just up and down the road, it's mighty convenient too.

(Thanks, Dan [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Elara
Old 11-29-2001, 09:18 AM   #34
Virgil
Dungeon Master

You can save your spell selections at level up. Many of the lower level spells are available in books, which can only be used if you don't already have the spell. When you level up, you gain only one additional spell. If you click the right arrow without selecting a spell, this spell selection will be saved. This way, you can have additional spell selections at higher levels, and you can make use of more spell books.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 10:32 AM   #35
Syrin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Regarding fighters - ALWAYS go berserk. You will not notice any difference in the number of times you get hit or the damage you take, but the damage you deal out will significantly higher. Your stamina will drain a little faster so keep on eye on that
Old 11-29-2001, 03:56 PM   #36
vesselle
Hathor

ELABORATING ON ELARA'S STORAGE THEME
~~~ How To Use a Chest ~~~

i know i am a bit flaky, but i couldn't figger out just how to store things in chests. i finally did it, by accident!

keep the chest lid closed.
go into your inventory and pull out ONE item, letting it hang on your cursor.
leave inventory. (it will still stick to you)
left click the chest lid.

that's all there is to it! it's safely stashed away now. but you can go ahead and peep inside if you don't believe me!

btw: if you only put in ONE item, then it will pull out on your cursor the same way you hid it. BUT if you do this with more than one item, you will get the standard inventory menu, allowing you to pick which thing you want.

V***V

*pppppbbbbbh!!!*
its okay to make fun of me! in my world, simple things are really not so simple!
Old 11-29-2001, 10:12 PM   #37
Jerry Austin
The Magister

Hello All,
This is my first post to this board and i just want to say i love game got questions as we do all,and this board is excellent.
1)My tip is to leave the auto save on....i turned it off thinking the quick saves were enough and regretted it.
2) Read the manual(I.ve read mine 2 or 3 times through and always finding something out(.
Excellent game and excellent board

qwert
Old 11-29-2001, 10:41 PM   #38
Jerry Austin
The Magister

If you are outpowered,outnumbered,and surronded i usually kick out a blind spell effect(after checking their resist) and if those who get blinded usually end up running.
Old 11-30-2001, 06:09 AM   #39
nameless crazy
Dungeon Master

Many people should know it, but I just write again....
To train your bard's music skill, take the viola in Arnika inn and charm npcs as much as possible (not the rapax as it may attack you if you fail).When you are out of stamina, rest and disturb quickly and your stamina is back! About 2-3 rest to gain a skill point.With about 2days of game time my lv 1 bard (previous rogue) has a music skill of 65.....
nameless crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 08:21 AM   #40
Knip Dyolf
The Magister

hummmmmmm nameless........good tip...........I have never played a bard before but the demo of wiz 8 has shown me they may be of some worth...the bag pipes have not let me down yet.
\"Listen, strange women lyin\' in ponds distributin\' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. \"<br />Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Knip Dyolf is offline   Reply With Quote