Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 05:43 AM   #1
Deathmage
The Magister

Tell us your favourite class, race, and pairing here!

My favourite class would be a Samurai, because of their, well, overall coolness really. Favourite race? Hmmm. Probably Felpurr. Therefore, favourite pairing would be? Felpurr Samurai!

Mook Rangers are great, too.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:15 AM   #2
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

For me it's a Human Intelligent Gadgeteer. Shooting impaling or medusa stones with an Omnigun MK10 at those bad guys with high speed, high damage and deadly accuracy is funnny ( especially because it's the profession, I prefer for my own character )

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 06:40 AM   #3
Rawhide
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I love Felpurrs. They make brilliant bishops, samurai, rangers; anything really.
I also like dracons, who can do anything that involves fighting.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 06:41 AM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

Faerie bishop, with all four spellbooks, although they are quite hard to develop well.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:20 AM   #5
Target
Red Dragon

I like Monks, put out loads of damage, critical kills, and you don't have to worry about finding a good sword or weapon.
Not sure about race, either Human of Felpurr, as those cats are doing well, I'll say a Human Monk.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:06 AM   #6
Rezdude03
Manshoon

yeah felpurr samurai's are good.

lizardmen fighters are cool too.

Finally, human lords and valkeries are good cause they require a good balance of stats. i think monks do too.

P.S.-SNOW DAY!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:23 AM   #7
Slag
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dwarf anything. No, I'm not loopy. Take the natural resists plus the damage mitigation, plus the fact that I usually go with str/vit or int/vit as primary stats, and they end up with more potential to take damage than anyone. A bit tough early on.. later, you'll be enjoying it.

Bishops, maybe not for most. But my bishop is a dwarf, when I use one. I don't find him too lacking in spellpower, though I do have to wait a long time for powercast.

I guess it's just a matter of playing style. For those concerned about speed, snakeskin boots are your friend; haste is easy to come by, but I don't use it much. I like the "brick wall of doom" fighting approach, rarely fails me.
Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 11:08 AM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Kitty samurai, monks, bards.

Mook rangers and psionics.

Doggy bishops, lords, and priests.

Hobbit rogues and gadgeteers.

Gnome alchemists.

Elven mages.

Dracon and lizard fighters.

Human ninja.

Faerie ninja.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 05:48 PM   #9
sultan

hobbit or felpurr for rogue

human or elf for monk, sam, lord, and valk

elf for bishop and mage

gnome or elf for alchemist

mook or hobbit for ranger and bard

i'm gonna have to give your thoughts regard dwarves some consideration, slag. i've been pretty outspoken in the past about how gimped i think they are in the game. maybe the xmas break will be a good chance to test a new party...
Old 12-16-2003, 09:18 AM   #10
Kylospylon
The Magister

My favourite class has to be Psionic, not coz they're uber or anything, but their spells are by far the most entertaining. I know Bishops learn the spells too, but bishops are way too much effort in the begginning (IMO). As for race, I like Rawulfs for their high piety and decent vitality. They may not get good bonus points like Mooks, Faeries and Elves, but I don't have to worry about other stats like vitality and piety (speed, dexterity and strength are OK, if not great, too). With Psionics, I usually dual their magic with slings for the few resistant enemies later in the game.

I've played without the psionic spellbook in a few parties and I definitely miss it. Nothing beats watching a group of gibbering insane juggernauts knocking themselves out, or your own troop of turncoated Rattkin rushing some pesky cultists.

[ 12-16-2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Kylospylon ]