Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2002, 10:34 PM   #1
oddnoggle
Welcomed New User

having completed the frog quest, the crypt..
i am now having some difficulty finding my way to the serpent temple..or ishad nar ...how do i get there??
also
having found a raptor egg..i was attempting to give it to the smith, re. the ranger quest..how does one do this?
thanks in advance..

[ 04-12-2002, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: oddnoggle ]
Old 04-12-2002, 10:57 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Oddnoggle.

To get to Serpent Temple, you'll have to go in the back door. The front door is all locked up, as you've discovered. And make sure that once you're in, you eventually leave by way of the front door so you can open it up for future trips.

If you need specific information on getting into the temple through the back door, check the Best Tips thread. There's an index on page 1.

To move up to Ranger, you need to:

1. Have the ranger quest;

2. Have the egg in the inventory of the character on the quest;

3. Talk to the smith.

Once he sees you with the egg in your posession, instead of haranguing you about not getting it, he'll reward you with a promotion.

One tip for you: Stay a ranger until at least Guild Level 5, when you can get the fletchery skill. It's most important for an easier later game...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 11:21 PM   #3
oddnoggle
Welcomed New User

hi there,
thanks for the welcome..
well, ive checked the best hints thread, alot of great advice there..but unfortunately, im not much closer to finding my way to the serpents temple or ishad nar...
i know i am missing something, something very simple..but im so tired of just wandering around north west of the windmill, looking for it ..
can anyone be of assistance,
thanks in advance,
oddnogg;le
Old 04-13-2002, 12:36 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Northwest of the windmill? That explains a lot...

Ishad N'ha is north of Valeia, and a little northwest of the Toad Village. Follow the river north until you come to a wooden pier. On the other side of the pier is a cave, and through there is the tunnel to Ishad N'ha and the Serpent Temple.

Note that you won't be able to get through the tunnel unless you've received the Mavin Ring. The first watcher is picky about that...

Seems to me that W&W came with a map (although I can't find mine right now) that gives you the overall lay of the land. Take a look at yours, and you'll get a better idea for where things are. You can also check Xignal's maps for a better picture as well.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 10:41 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, oddnoggle!!!

West of the Toad Village the river enters a cave. There you will find the Oracles. The character that has the mavin ring and is the "choosen one" (having sworn the oath back in Nivus' tomb in the crypt) needs to speak to the middle oracle.

Work through the keywords in the chat window. When you hit upon the correct keyword, the oracles will open the cave to the west allowing you to finally get to Ishad N'hahahaha, the Serpent Temple and areas beyond!

You must have had the Ranger quest in order to get the raptor egg. The raptors don't appear unless you have the quest. Be certain that it is the character who has the quest that is talking to the smith and has the egg in their inventory. That you get you the class change.
Rangers are nice, especially for the fletchery skill which can raise lot of money for your party.

Hope that helps and we'll be seeing more of you on the board!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote