Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-29-2003, 06:24 AM   #1
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Right, am not sure what this is, so hopefully someone can enlighten me! i'm currently fighting Kangaxx...getting past his Lich form ain't a problem. But when he changes to Demi-Lich he seems to cast a spell that outright kills one of my characters (Anomen in this case)

But instead the game tells me that the MAIN character has died and i must reload...but none of my health has gone and i'm still there thwacking Kangaxx with my halberd.

Has anyone experienced this before?
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 06:34 AM   #2
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

The king of the liches casts special version of imprisonment. If you are targeted with that spell you die without loosing any hp. Protect your self from magic energy or use the_yellow_potions or cast SI:Adjuration.

If your situation is differnt i.e. if Gaxx is imprisoning some of your party memebers and that caouses your death (you're not targeted by him) I suppose you can only reload and prey that it wont happen again.

[ 05-29-2003, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Merlin from Amber ]
Merlin from Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 07:01 AM   #3
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Aye, i thought it might be that - but normaly the character disapears don't they?...hmmm i'll see if it happens again (happend twice already! boo!)
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
Old 05-29-2003, 07:27 AM   #4
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

The main char do not disappear, but I'm not so sure.
By the way Gaxx is somenthing like bucket full with cold water what pours over your head in the middle of the desert. I mean you're playing the game, you become stronger and just when you think "I'm invincible" and then you meet Gaxx and ... suddenly you realize that you're not in Amn, but just you're playing a game [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2003, 07:32 AM   #5
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Imprisonment cast on the main char makes the game play that 'hand' animation&ask for reload, although the char still seems to be there. It is a delay in animation that causes the problem

The spell Kangaxx casts first is Demilich Howl, which is like Wail Of The Banshee IMHO.
Apparently Anomen failed his save throw and died.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:56 AM   #6
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Ahhh, now i see! that explains it!....and i know what you mean Merlin! i was pretty much beating the snot out of anything i faced up until now...damn undead lords!
Old 05-29-2003, 08:39 AM   #7
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

[img]smile.gif[/img]
I don't knew that TaSSaDaR. Interesting. May be because my party never have suffered the consequences.