Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2001, 08:00 PM   #21
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
It is true. I missed out on meeting her because I waited too long and one of her associates I met in the street (Tavona or something like that?) forced the issue, and I told her to "kiss off" and killed them. So when I went to the Graveyard District at last, no Bodhi. No biggy...as if I was going to side with a bunch of vamps!

Tanova actually forced you to make a decision on the spot? wow...interesting. learn something new everyday!

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-16-2001, 10:28 PM   #22
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
You can find Keldorn in the sewers under the Temple district, after undertaking the unseen eye quest (go to the middle of the temple district, then speak to the Helm bloke to start it)

This is off-subject, but I just wanted to know...

I originally heard that who approached you to start the quest depended on alignment, but the first time through I was playing neutral (thus, would have had the Helm priest approach me anyway). In my new game, I am good-aligned, and would rather do the quest for Lathander than Helm. Fortunately, my character is not a cleric, so it really doesn't matter. However, I was just wondering if it was always the Helm priest that approached you, or does it vary by alignment? If you are a cleric of, say, Lathander or Talos, does a representative of that church approach you? I was just wondering...

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 08-16-2001, 11:19 PM   #23
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
This is off-subject, but I just wanted to know...

I originally heard that who approached you to start the quest depended on alignment, but the first time through I was playing neutral (thus, would have had the Helm priest approach me anyway).
Wait, I always thought that the Helm quests were for the good guys? Why are you saying that, now that you are "Good" you'd think that the other churches would come to you instead of Helm?
Old 08-17-2001, 12:01 AM   #24
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Lioness,
Do them all, kill'm all, Gold, loot, weapons get all you can lay your hands..er paws on. Just send Amomen into a tough battle by himself and watch him die.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 08-17-2001, 07:27 AM   #25
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

BTW, you do know there is no time limit on these quests, despite what they say. Take your time, tour around, see the sites, bring back tacky souveneirs and bad photos to show your parents, sure go on, enjoy yourself, (ah you will, go on, ah you will, sure go on, go on, go on ,go on, go on, go on, go on , go on... [ad infinitum]).
Old 08-17-2001, 02:37 PM   #26
Tuor
Elminster

Bloody hell Mrs Doyle in disguise.

lol
Old 08-17-2001, 09:53 PM   #27
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildhorse:
Wait, I always thought that the Helm quests were for the good guys? Why are you saying that, now that you are "Good" you'd think that the other churches would come to you instead of Helm?
Helm is a Lawful Neutral diety. He has many lawful good followers, due to his patronage over vigilance and duty (very popular with paladins), but is technically considered a "neutral" diety. Look in the manual under the specialty priests; it gives Lathander for good, Helm for neutral, and Talos for evil.

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
The reason I am asking this is because I am thinking of starting a cleric, and the Unseeing Eye quest is the quest to get the cleric stronghold. If only the Helm guy approaches you, then you are stuck in the Helm temple after the quest. I don't necessarily want that, considering that I am planning to be a Chaotic Good cleric (way out of line with Helm!).

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 08-17-2001, 11:08 PM   #28
Lioness
Jack Burton

Allright, I got Jan this is my party now:

Me(Kensai-I decided not to dual)
Minsc
Valygar(his eguipment rocks!)
Jan
Jaheira
Aerie

Where can I find a magical melee weapon for Jaheira, she is useless vs. the shadows I am currently facing.
Right now I am at the Ruined Temple. I am undrground, I don't find it too hard. Where do I meet up with Mazzy? Should I keep her, Valygar, or Jaheira? I am not worried about Jaheira's healing, I will get by with Aerie, my spec. abilities, and Minsc's 2 CLW.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Little Angel of Ironworks
Old 08-17-2001, 11:21 PM   #29
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Allright, I got Jan this is my party now:

Me(Kensai-I decided not to dual)
Minsc
Valygar(his eguipment rocks!)
Jan
Jaheira
Aerie

Where can I find a magical melee weapon for Jaheira, she is useless vs. the shadows I am currently facing.
Right now I am at the Ruined Temple. I am undrground, I don't find it too hard. Where do I meet up with Mazzy? Should I keep her, Valygar, or Jaheira? I am not worried about Jaheira's healing, I will get by with Aerie, my spec. abilities, and Minsc's 2 CLW.

You can get a pretty good staff from Ribald at the Adventurer's Mart. I believe it is called the Staff of Ryn +4. Also, Jaheira is pretty good with scimitars, so you can always find/buy a good +2/+3 scimitar.

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 08-17-2001, 11:23 PM   #30
Lioness
Jack Burton

Thanx Moridin, I will go back, my first time there, I had zip gold.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Little Angel of Ironworks