Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-28-2001, 07:31 PM   #31
Epona
Zartan

Wow! I'm hanging on to the Flame Tongue then, I assumed it was +1 to hit, as I haven't got the updated descriptions - previously I have just sold it not realising it was so good.

As far as weapons go, I'm not really a powergamer, so don't tend to set out thinking I have to be able to use the best weapon in the game. I also think there are way more magic items than you would get in a PnP game, where magic items would usually be rare - a real DM can tailor his rare magic items so that they can be of use to the party which doesn't happen on the PC - hence one reason for a proliferation of magic items, so at least your party will be able to use some of them ( - also to attract people who may not be PnP purists who may prefer to powergame rather than roleplay).

So I tend to prefer items you can get early on, such as the Cleric Staff +3, Flail of Ages, Arbanes Short Sword, Lilarcor, Frostreaver, Elven Court Longbow, Tansherons Bow, Tuigian Bow, etc etc.

All stuff that is good, but not IMHO overdone. As far as I am concerned, Crom Faeyr is WAY too powerful and I don't use it often, I prefer a bit of a challenge That way I also get to keep the belt & gauntlets separate giving more all round party balance - which I prefer rather than have one super-powerful character.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-28-2001, 10:44 PM   #32
Gimlee
Elminster

You're right. Sometimes, I find the game a litle too easy. I killed Firkraag with finger of death when I was expecting a big fight(snif).They should've thought about people that do the hole chapter 2 before leaving the continent. Fighting Bohdi's guild at level 17 wasn't of any chalenge. Maybe I should put the game to a harder difficulty or play with a less good class.
Old 04-28-2001, 10:50 PM   #33
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Memnoch, just curious...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

could you post the true description of BlackRazor?

I had it for a second, then gave it away... never checked it out....

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 04-29-2001, 02:55 AM   #34
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"Mhmm, my swash buckler is dual weilding stilletto Demarches and Artemis' Soul Taker at the moment.. I summoned him and killed him" I saw his dagger +4 lifestealer in a item list in the vs book strategy guide but I never found him. Where is he?

------------------
RULE #1:I am always right
RULE #2:See rule #1
Old 04-29-2001, 09:25 AM   #35
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
"Mhmm, my swash buckler is dual weilding stilletto Demarches and Artemis' Soul Taker at the moment.. I summoned him and killed him" I saw his dagger +4 lifestealer in a item list in the vs book strategy guide but I never found him. Where is he?

-------------------------------------------
Not in the game, sorry

Old 04-29-2001, 10:57 AM   #36
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:

could you post the true description of BlackRazor?

Here you go.

SPOILER...........................................

Blackrazor, Long Sword +3
This sword radiates evil like a sour odor, and the owner never knows if he wields the weapon, or if it wields him. In addition to its combat abilities, Blackrazor slowly regenerates its owner with the drained strength of opponents.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Ability :
Regeneration: 1 hp every 5 seconds
Immunity to Charm and Fear
With every hit it has a 15% chance of draining 4 levels, healing the wielder by 20 hit points, and hasting him for 20 seconds as well as increasing his strength by 3 points for 20 seconds.
THAC0: +3 bonus
Damage: 1D8 +3
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 2
Proficiency Type: Long Sword
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage
Beast Master

------------------
Old 04-29-2001, 10:59 AM   #37
Gimlee
Elminster

Anyone again what is better between the flame tongue or Daystar???????
Old 04-29-2001, 11:00 AM   #38
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Black Razor is assome isn´t it?
Too bad its only +3.
Old 04-29-2001, 11:02 AM   #39
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimlee:
Anyone again what is better between the flame tongue or Daystar???????
-----------------------------------
Flame tongue is only +4 versus undead, Daystar versus all evil (90% of you´re enemies) and it has an sunray attack once a day.

Old 04-29-2001, 11:06 AM   #40
Gimlee
Elminster

Yes but some say that flame tongue is +4 ???