Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2000, 01:40 PM   #11
Kaël

Well i'm from holland too but..
The boxes do differ in content->
In bg1 there was no map in th european version
there was NO collecters edition availible in holland
at leats that what i though
The most stupid of things has happend in holland.
Real gamerz who buy there stuff from store that are build by gamers for gamers couldn't get the CE
but people who buy the stuff in big multifuntion stores can get the CE as the stores made a deal with interplay

well that sounded stupid but i really think that Bioware should find another producer then Interplay
they did enough things wrong already

Old 12-06-2000, 01:45 PM   #12
Morninglord

Sebastian-Kell>
Our climate here in Sweden doesn't differ too much from Canada. We do have summers here too, you know =) And the snow does't lay around all year (except for on the mountains in northern Sweden)
Still, Sweden, Norway, and Finland are the three countries with the lowest tempratures in average on the planet, I would assume, as we 3, together with Canada and Russia, are the only 5 countries to have part of our landmass north of the arctic circle.

Oh well, the average day-temprature in the coldest times in Sweden (mid-January to mid-February) are about -5 degrees celcius in the south and -13 degrees celcius in the north (we are a very loooong country, so the tempratures between north and south differs a lot). The average day-temprature in the warmest times in Sweden (mid-July) is about +23 celcius in the south, and +18 in the north. Those are just estimations, but should be pretty accurate. The coldest record in Sweden is around -40 celcius and the warmest record are about +37 celcius.

Not that you all care about this, but since Sebastian seemed to wonder, I took the liberty on enlightening you all on this small subject =)

/Morninglord of Sweden

Old 12-07-2000, 06:53 AM   #13
Arak

Jupp, i'm from the swedish south and we dont seem to get any snow down here, just a few days in january, but ir rains though.

Morninglord: Malmö, och givetvis har jag en choklad-kalender, hur skulle världen annars sett ut.

Old 12-07-2000, 07:19 AM   #14
Mantis

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. And as for our climate, the minimum in winter is about 11 and the max in summer is about 42. but then again, cos melbournes weather is pretty @#$%^ we could get those two temperatures in the one month...
but as for BG 2 i don't think it differs much from the yank version. and as memnoch said our release date over here was not much later than the american one.

Old 12-07-2000, 07:33 AM   #15
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

im just in the plain old Philippines =)
no change whatsoever for me in the game (BUT) i have no manual,and all the other goodies you get from buying the original because i have the pirated game. believe me if you come here, you can buy the latest games (pirated of course) for only err... 50 pesos to 1 dollor right now... so thats about 4 bucks =) *and if you wanna know... ard 90 cents or .90 dollor for a playstation 1 game...* isnt it nice to have cheap games =)
Old 12-07-2000, 07:44 AM   #16
Sir_Tainly

I don't know if the UK version has been toned down, as some of the monsters shower bits of gore around when they die I gues not. I am surprised the swearing got through on the UK version, as several games here have been hauled up for this.

Old 12-07-2000, 07:55 AM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well nice to so many IT-Vikings here!
Well this whole weather thing.. bah, here in Gothenburg it only rains and rains, thats why I can sit indoors playing BG2!!
Well we don´t have any polarbears here either except at the zoo´s.. Hehe

Statan, jag har inte en enda julkalender, i alla fall ingen med choklad i!! Buhi ;-(
Old 12-07-2000, 11:33 AM   #18
Merc Widowmaker

Im in Israel, and the release here is pretty much like the US EXCEPT the printing (Box, manual etc) is all in Hebrew. For those of you who dont know or havnt seen hebrew, lets just say they've got it backwards. Hebrew is written from right to left, there are no capitals, no vowls and the writing looks like hyroglyphics. I couldn't read that if I tried, so I ordered a copy from the UK via "Jungle.com". I see gore but havn't heard any sweariing (there is swearing ??).
As far as the weather here, its HOT ! For 9 months of the year 30 centigrade is considerd cool !

Old 12-07-2000, 02:34 PM   #19
bpm07

Inte är jag från Sverige, men konstigt nog skriver jag det här meddelandet på svenska.

From the cold and windy place in the north of the Atlantic - Iceland. Cold as sh*t and with schoolteachers on strike, nothing better to do than to play BGII and surf the net!

Old 12-07-2000, 04:21 PM   #20
Satyre

New Zealander in Germany.. I got the imported US version... the one thing that pisses me of the the crappy grammar in the game. You would think the profis could get their shit together and at least get the basic grammar right.