Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2001, 02:54 AM   #31
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm...
Well for PnP I like alot of games I have tried. The Dungeon and Dragon series, personal favourite is the 3:ed, alittle more advanced and better to builed charactrs than before and still fast and easy to play.

Melnibone, the Elric RPG was kind of, er fun for awhile. Call of Chutulu is a old fav too. Mutant series, a swedish real good game was best as ver1 and 2. But that was a great game!

Star wars, was fun for awhile, the lack of info for making good enough adventures stopped us from playing that..

Warhammer, MERP and alot of others were fun too, but well time started to be of essence back then and alot of games ended up unused on the shelf.

CRPG, I like bg, iwd, Planescape.. Diablo2 even though that game hardly falls under CRPG.. Haven´t tried Wizard and warriors, and only seen some of the might and magic ones.

I played a old game called the eye of the beholder and also bards tale on the C64 as real young!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-12-2001, 03:43 AM   #32
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
I'm playing Atlas Games' 'Ars Magica' atm, and it's the most cheerful, adaptable system for fans of spellcasting there is, I think. Plus, the 'Mythical Europe' setting is a clever mix of the historical (Knights Templar, Christianity) and the fantastical (faeries, demons, spirits). Fantastic PnP RPG. Anyone else given Ars a go?

Tancred
Some time ago. I was the necromancer/plague sorceress that taught Morgan Le Fey - I liked the game. The fun I had with an evil sorceress in an Arthurian setting was trying to keep it secret from everybody else. Mind you, I was initially suspicious of a game with "Arse" in the title

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-12-2001, 07:17 AM   #33
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Origionally Posted by Antonius
The other thing that p****s me off is new editions/revisions. Just when you're
settling into a game, someone comes up with some new rules. Generally OK, but I
usually find a major imbalance is caused in an attempt to update the world/rules.
Thats the thing that pisses most of us off, I think, about PnP games. The constantly changing Universe. The fact that you have to continue to buy books is a major pain in the arse magica. Many times they do not put as much effort into them as they should to maintain the games balance and quality. They of course need to continue to publish to continue in business. But, sometimes though I wish they would leave it alone. The 3E D&D is that way now. Leave it alone for awhile, but they are publishing these additional books for Prestige Classes that they do not need right now. They are of course 20 bucks apiece. I don't want to pay 20 dollars for a paper backed pamphlet style book. Even though my gaming group helped playtest these rules they never gave anything away to us. So I guess I will buy the Forgotten Realms book when it comes out, but that will be the last one for awhile.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 06-12-2001).]