Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

EB Games sucks ass now. And Gamestop bought them, so they suck as well.

Why? Well, if you like PC GAMES, go look at their 'selection' of PC Games. one little end cap now. I went to buy Might & Magic: Dark Messiah today.

The little prick behind the counter said they don't even GET a PC game unless they have lots of pre-orders for it.

Hello? Who MADE YOU what you are? PC Games did. Its sad. All these lame ass consoles are just saturating the market with the same instant-gratification 'kill it' shit. That is all consoles are mostly. I can name on one hand how many good console games came out in the last 3 years.

Console games will die eventually too. All this repetitive 'kill all' BS will grow old, and people will drop it as well.

I guess us PC Gamers are now the Elite of gamers huh? We expect more from a game that 'see it, kill it' crap. [img]smile.gif[/img]

So, I am officially asking you to boycott EB Games and Gamestop. Both are now only console pushers. If you want your PC Game these days, go to either Best Buy, Target, or Wal-mart--although none of them had Might and Magic today. A day after its release. (I know, they usually are not as quick at getting them as EB used too) but I now use Amazon.com. No tax for most places, and no shipping costs (over $25). So I just ordered M&MM and NWN2 from them.

I will ****NOT**** support a company that is trying to kill the PC Gaming market. They can go to hell. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

EB GAMES <----------

[ 10-25-2006, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Is taht your hand Ziroc? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I support you on this one.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I will take you up on your request........

if.........

You will also sponsor a boycott of Best Buy. They will not take a returned unopened box with the BB price tag on it without a receipt. Their return policy is ass.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
You will also sponsor a boycott of Best Buy. They will not take a returned unopened box with the BB price tag on it without a receipt. Their return policy is ass.
As a Best Buy employee, I can't do that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Was it a game or something else? Also, how long after you bought it did you return it?

[ 10-25-2006, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

HAH! No, not my hand. Guess I'll order my shit online from now on.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I will take you up on your request........

if.........

Yeh, I know. I returned a new camcorder (brought it back the NEXT day, had a defect) a few years ago--it was messed up, and I found out canon made a better one anyway, but of COURSE, they didn't carry it. SO I get a restocking fee. I argued it, and Donna said my face was RED I was so pissed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ah well.. Everything is corporate now. pricks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-25-2006, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 10-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #7
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
I can support an EB/Gamestop boycott. The last time I was in one, their PC game selection was ridiculously small. Good thing I was only there to window shop while my wife was shopping for clothes.

You need to add CompUSA to the list of alternatives though; they are about the only ones who actually save a shelf for Mac Games.

I also have to give them some credit for customer service. I was getting the run-around for a rebate on something I bought there awhile back, and when I complained to the store manager, he gave me the $40 on the spot.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

The EB Games in the mall in my area went out of business. Now we actually have a mall with no store at all that sells PC games. I do though recall that our EB Games had a decent amount of PC games though, so maybe it depends on the area.

Same for GameStop. We have one closeby that has this pathetic little cart-shelf on wheels that has the PC games on it, and most of em are moldie oldies, with a few tossed in that are newish. Yet every single wall is covered from top to bottom of console games, blah. But then there is another GameStop a few miles up the road that has a bit of wall shelf space with PC games. Still nothing in comparison to the console games though.

If I want a game I just go to Bestbuy. It's just a better store because I can also shop for CDs, DVDs, computer accessories, etc. etc.

CompUSA is also a good place to get PC games, although the one near me never gets any game on the shelf the day it is released. It usually takes a week or two after it is released before you see it.

So in summary, I already know GameStop sucks LOL, and no longer have an EB Games available, so I'm good.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:54 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeh, It's becoming sad when WAL-MART has more games than a specialty gaming shop. LAME.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2006, 06:10 PM   #10
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

CompUSA all the way, their selection of old and new games is great. There are useually 200 or more titles to choose from for the PC.