Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hehe... that's the problem with parties at your place... on the one hand you don't have to go anywhere and can sleep in your own bed afterwards....on the other hand, you have to clean up after everyone!

Glad you had a good time, Ivellis!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:36 AM   #22
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I didnt sleep in my own bed. Two of my mates took over that, I got the big sofa downstairs in the living room, with five other mates spread across the floor/chairs/combination of both.

Good times, and next month a friend of mine has a free house...party party party!

And it only took me from 8am - 10.15am half-arsed cleaning, then 10.15 to 1.45 full on man-on-a-mission cleaning *shudders*

[ 10-26-2006, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 10-27-2006, 12:40 AM   #23
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:

And it only took me from 8am - 10.15am half-arsed cleaning, then 10.15 to 1.45 full on man-on-a-mission cleaning *shudders*
Hope you did not make the same mistake as my first (and last) party at my parents house. I cleaned inside but did not notice the crates of empty beer on the roof which sort of give the game away [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:30 AM   #24
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Well they let me have a party (what's the point in saying "no you can't have one" if I'm just going to have one anyway? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) as long as I cleaned up.

Woke up this morning and had a huge migraine. Took some asprin but nothing was working...and when I have a migraine the only thing that works is sleep (and I wasn't sleepy) or throwing up. I chose the latter...headache has gone quite a lot, but it's still there, so decided (possibly not my best idea) to play WoW to take my mind of it...
Old 10-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

That's a lot of cleaning! Did you check under the sofa cushions? *whistles*
Old 10-28-2006, 06:18 PM   #26
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
nice one Ivellis. bugger about the 'migraine' You really should have a hangover prevention routine - mine is 2 panadol and a litre of water along with a joint, and i have never had a hangover.

Johnny can probably give you a few good tips!

Good effort on the cleaning by the way - i hate cleaning up after parties, the stench of alcohol the next morning is no where near as appealing as it was the night before.

Oh, and if your friends are anything like mine, i would check EVERY possible place in your whole house for empty bottles - Fireplaces, drains, toilets, under your parents bed, in the pockets of your dads suits, yout undy drawer, in the back of the china cabinet.... and if you are short, anywhere up high
Old 10-28-2006, 06:39 PM   #27
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

@Cloudy: Yeah, I turned them the other way around

Cap'nO...the strange thing is I don't get hung over. I was fine on the thursday morning (after the party) but the Friday I felt like, well, crap.

I found out (today) that when I spilt a drink on my bedside table (where my TV is, it went all over the floor/walls) it also leaked onto my DVDs, so they were all stuck together and reeked of alcohol.

My dad realised the (full...I told him 1/4 full [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) bottle of vodka he had was gone...but it got replaced by a bottle of wine (Merlot, his favourite). I just simply stated I could have filled the vodka bottle with water and left it there...or told him
Old 10-30-2006, 02:02 PM   #28
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
Lucky you - hangovers suck. Also, gutted about the DVD's - if you were poor like me that wouldnt happen casue i only have about 5 dvds!

Well, interesting day today. It is 4 years since my wife and i got together (so, not our 4th wedding anniversary) so it is nice to look back and realise how great the last 4 years have been.

Also, i get my mark for an exam i did a while back today, so the day is gonna get a lot better - or a lot worse...
Old 10-30-2006, 06:03 PM   #29
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Good luck on the exam Captain O...that reminds me I have a quiz in English tomorrow on Language Aquisition...eek! We did it last time and I got a very respectable .5/23 *grins*
Highest was about 12, not many people got into double figures.

What a lovely day! The sun is...not there. The sky is...pitch black (damn clocks going back!) but I had a lovely evening...that's all I'm willing to say

Old 11-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #30
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hello - how are we all doing??
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote