Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

PLEASE NOTE

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HELLO! Spring isn't here yet, I'm sure of that, groundhog or no groundhog and his shadows!

How is everyone today?! I'm off to take minutes of a meeting in a little while. Dull, but at least it's warmer in the conference room than here at my desk! And I've got a diet coke with lime to help keep me awake, so two hours should go...err..relatively quickly, then it's lunch time! whoohoo! High fiber garlic and herb tortilla wrap, light corned beef and fig newtons...mmmm.... oops, best save the drooling for after the meeting! LOL

Muffins, cookies and hot chocolate for everyone!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #4
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

First none Cloudy post!

Now to add something worthwhile...

Half way through the week, woo hoo. Two more days, then it's Friday, then the weekend, which is nice.

Wasn't feeling very well this morning but my mum said I had missed too many days off school so I had to go. I feel better, which is good, 'cause if I stayed off I wouldn't be allowed to go to football tonight.

My mate lent me the album by The Streets (A Grand Don't Come For Free). It's pretty good, not as good as Arctic Monkeys, but good none-the-less.

Got to go get ready and have to dinner!

[ 02-08-2006, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 02-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Monkeys on arctic streets? Oh my.... Hope you feel better, Ivellis.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #6
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

They are the next big band Cloudy. I don't know how to describe it, indie rock kind of thing.

Won in football (scored a hat-trick *beams*) and now I'm sat in a dressing gown with a warm cup of tea.

Nice *beams*
Old 02-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Cloudy, you seem to be drooling over everything these days...

Congrats on the hat trick, Ivelliis! Although I have to confess I had to check where you're from to make it fit in my reality... [img]smile.gif[/img]

On the road again... a couple of days in Detroit meeting with customers and prospects. Red Wings on the TV tonight... man, I'm gonna be living like a king
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Monkeys on arctic streets? Oh my.... Hope you feel better, Ivellis.
Not everyone listens to country music alone, Cloudy. We all know you've got a thing for John Denver! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:37 AM   #9
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Darnit...

Last night, that would have been all caps and profane, but this morning, it just seems to have withered away into something pathetic.

It happened. What always happens. Some other guy, this time a guy I'm kind of friends with, but have little respect for...So, I had to spend an hour and a half pouring my heart out to her via the wrong communication medium, and recieved an ambiguous answer.

This one's worth a bit of a struggle...I really do care about her...but I can't let this get to me the way it did last semester. Lonliness...that's something I need to get out of my life before it causes real damage.

So, Lyle Goodwin is at bat, two balls, one strike, bases loaded and we're down by 3 at the bottom of the ninth.

Blow this, and I'm gonna feel it.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:58 AM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Look at me, I managed to get onto the front page of the Cafe...woo hoo.
Ok, spam part over...I can relate to Ivellis' being sick, as if everything else that's going on with me wasn't enough, I got that nasty flu bug last week, and man, was I hating life. *Shudder*x2. I've spent the last week or so revamping my website, trying to get it noticed. It's just about my only hope right now.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote