Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2003, 05:31 AM   #1
Vampire

Hi! I know there are a lot of you wizzyywoo masters of graphics packages out there, like /)earthkiller [img]smile.gif[/img] and the lovely person who made my sig!

Anyway, I am making a promotion poster for a Winter Ball at university:

Had an idea of making an edge curl: So a dark page with it's edge curled to reveal lotza fun underneath.

However, when i do the edge (page corner) curl, I get this white triangle that I can't cut out. I want to cut it out or make it transparent so I can have an over lapping page underneath it.

I use Corel packages, but any suggestiosn any package would be most welcome! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Avy

Old 09-29-2003, 10:14 PM   #2
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

hey nathan uses corel draw almost exclusively and when he is at work tomorrow i will remind him to look up your questiona nd see if he can help you out. personally i think i know how i would do it with fireworks but it includes lookign throught he help files! good luck
Old 09-29-2003, 11:43 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

making the triangle a transparent Gif might work. or perhaps just opening it in paint and fixing it there using the print screen command to get all the layers you want at once...
Old 10-01-2003, 04:18 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

hmm, you could always save the file, open it again and cut out the white section, placing the next bit of info underneath it (I use CorelDraw/Photopaint9 almost exclusively, as Ruby said, and they do not support layers as such (technically they do but it's very cumbersome to work with) so I do most of my gif's in Macromedia's Fireworks.