Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-07-2001, 05:58 PM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

A freind of mine still in the army sent this to me. The Marines and the Army constantly like to razz each other. The Army likes to make fun of the fact that the Marines are a corp of the Navy. This Razz is hard to beat! I imagine it's caused a couple of bar fights.

Q: Why are there Marines on Navy ships?

A: Sheep would be too obvious!

[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

*ROTFLMAO*

*Wipes tear from eye*

*Sigh* That one kills me!
Old 12-07-2001, 06:00 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

thats pretty funny
Old 12-07-2001, 07:36 PM   #3
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
A freind of mine still in the army sent this to me. The Marines and the Army constantly like to razz each other. The Army likes to make fun of the fact that the Marines are a corp of the Navy. This Razz is hard to beat! I imagine it's caused a couple of bar fights.

Q: Why are there Marines on Navy ships?

A: Sheep would be too obvious!

*ROTFLMAO*

*Wipes tear from eye*

*Sigh* That one kills me!

dang, i dont get it
Old 12-07-2001, 11:44 PM   #4
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Barloc:

dang, i dont get it

I'll bet if you download Wierd Al's parody "Dirty Deeds Done with Sheep" it will become clear to you.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 12-08-2001, 12:20 AM   #5
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

im a marine, so i have a good one for you.

What does army stand for?

Arent Ready for Marines Yet!!!! hahahahahahahahahhahahaha

[img]graemlins/ninja.gif[/img]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 12-08-2001, 12:30 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

M.A.R.I.N.E.

Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Not Essential
Old 12-08-2001, 03:10 AM   #7
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

lol very funny. I guess both the army and marines get alot of these jokes.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 12-11-2001, 02:20 PM   #8
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

It's funny. The Army and Marines probably have the most similar structure and training habits. Most Army posts have a Marine detachment. I think the heckling is mostly good natured fun. I've always gotten along with the Marines I knew. Of course, I was working on their PCs too! Marines are more combat and less technically oriented. They nearly always win physical ability and marksmanship competitions as a unit when competing against Army garrison units. It's pretty much all they do. PT and combat training. Strangely enough, the Army always had the best individual performer in each event. Must be because there is a larger number of soldiers in comparison.