Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2000, 07:13 PM   #1
DaPoo

Does anyone else think that the helm of balduran is disappointing?? I thought it was going to look great since it has great stats, but it looks like crap! I can't bring myself to humiliate my leader by making him wear it hehehe...
Old 10-22-2000, 08:45 PM   #2
Loser

and i sold drizzt's stuff cause my ranger doesn't like the color blue...

seriously, though, me thinks the helm looks great...
Old 10-22-2000, 09:36 PM   #3
mir_ror
Welcomed New User

Balduran himself probably harks back from the days of Nordic Vikings (assuming there were some in Faerun ), judging from the design of his helm . But then again, it's probably where the designers got inspiration for the "Cowkill" spells !!
Speaking of colours, any suggestions for your PC/NPCs colour schemes? I noticed the main character in the Sword Coast Mission Pack has a great colour combo - red and white; the guy looked stylish just walking around like that!
mir_ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2000, 05:14 AM   #4
A Mage named Rikard

Are we talking bout colours now?

Well try to make a human mage with Blue hair blue skin blue clothing
That is way cool especial for my necromancer

BTW the helm I looks like shit

Does anybody else think that those helmets of the flaming fist are girls helmets??
Old 10-23-2000, 04:19 PM   #5
Loser

anyone ever played fallout2? they had exploding cows... it was when you got the bridge of death (monty python referance) random encounter.... if you answered the questions, you got ~400 xp, but you got ~3000 xp if you tried to fight him, you had to keep making him fall down, or he would launch the cows at you...
Old 10-24-2000, 03:58 PM   #6
Adhrael

Mage Rikard, try a human mage with these colors: blue hair, white pale skin, white dress (primary) and blue dress (secondary). Itīs great !!!
Also when my party is beginnig and still donīt have special armors that change their colors, I like to dress them all with white and red. This way they seem a real group of mercenaries or a brotherhood .

About the helm, it simply SUCKS.
Old 10-24-2000, 04:08 PM   #7
A Mage named Rikard

But Armor makes you look different right??????
That's Fucked up it really is
ah well
thats life
Old 10-26-2000, 09:50 AM   #8
mir_ror
Welcomed New User

Just a thought:
The blue/white combinations for a mage kinda reminds me of how the lunatic elven mage companion of Balduran, Dradeel (?), looked like when he left me with his final parting words. Right before he dimension-doored the hell of Werewolf Island; now, if I could just get my hands on him...
But he DID look quite impressive in his colour combo...
mir_ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2000, 09:16 AM   #9
ArchMage1

I gave the helmet to Jaheira. I couldn't stand the way it looked on my character or Minsc. It didn't look *as bad* on her. I hated to waste it, as I haven't found that many useful magical helmets in the game yet.
Old 11-06-2000, 11:57 AM   #10
Deagol

I have looked all over hell for the helm and cant find it.Where is it at???