Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2003, 12:09 PM   #1
GForce

I've always wanted some, but I never know who to get. Can anyone recommend any good artist? I'm wanting some good soul thumping music. NO RAP please. Just something to get my groove on. I don't listen to music often but when I hear music by my soul brothers or sisters, I just feel like moving. Thanks for your recommendations. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2003, 08:28 PM   #2
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Hey GForce,

If it's traditional soul you're after, I'd recomend Marvin Gaye and Nina Simone for starters.

For more current stuff try Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, Alicia Keys, india.arie or Erykah Badu

Hope this helps.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:49 AM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

Leonis has given you some good tips, but I would add for classic soul the name Otis Reading too [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

But if you are overwhelmed by choice let me reccomend as Leonis as done, the Marvin Gaye album "whats going on" It is the undisputed greatist soul album ever. If anybody out there calls themselves a music fan and does not own a well worn copy of this record, well youre just not serious. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-29-2003, 08:57 AM   #4
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Man, wellard, one of my favourite songs ever is Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell singing "you're all I need to get by".

It has such a special meaning to me. Marvin is the king of soul...
Old 09-29-2003, 09:26 AM   #5
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

P.S., wellard, Disposable Heros? (just noticed) You are a man of many surprises... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 07:56 AM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
P.S., wellard, Disposable Heros? (just noticed) You are a man of many surprises... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dont let my eeeeerrrrm modern apearance fool you [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] Music followed by bikes used to be my life. [img]graemlins/fro.gif[/img]

How could I forgrt sam cooke, if ya wanna grove check him out
http://www.history-of-rock.com/cooke.htm

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years