Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-14-2001, 12:52 AM   #211
turbovee
Elminster

This is just a good a place as any to post that I was politely asked by the great folks at Ironworks to remove my "Gambit" pic, because the folks at Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell got a wild hair up their ass and sent them a note explaining how it was infringing their copyrights. I got to read the note attached in the E-mail and to Boris and Julie. Like they have nothing better to do than harrass a forum member, because I used a pic of theirs. They acted like I was making money off them or something.

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease

[This message has been edited by turbovee (edited 05-14-2001).]
Old 05-14-2001, 12:57 AM   #212
BladeMaster

You tell them TurboVee. Tell Boris and Julie to go straight to hell with their copyright infingement. What do you think of my new sig with the rotating sword

------------------

Old 05-14-2001, 01:00 AM   #213
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
You tell them TurboVee. Tell Boris and Julie to go straight to hell with their copyright infingement. What do you think of my new sig with the rotating sword

Thanks, I will "Hey Boris and Julie, you guys are fantastic artists and you can go take that talent and go straight to hell!" Damn that felt good.

Blademaster - Your sword is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

------------------

Peace and hair grease
Old 05-14-2001, 01:10 AM   #214
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Turbo- You are still a sexy elf...pic or no pic

BK: Sweetie, I would have waited for you, but you know how Jerome gets so annoyingly evil ...and I just can't let him do that...messes up my whole day! LOL You can do the mop up, though...I think he was going to harm that poor shift key on the keyboard! Horrors!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-14-2001, 01:11 AM   #215
BladeMaster

I was able to finally find a animated gif of a Wingedsword. Wing swords are what Winged Elves use in battle because the length of tha blade falls between a short sword and a long sword

------------------

Old 05-14-2001, 01:14 AM   #216
BladeMaster

Turbovee you should ask how they found out you were using a picture of Gambit for your Sig. The only way I can figure out on how they found out was someone on this board told them.

------------------

Old 05-14-2001, 01:28 AM   #217
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Turbo- You are still a sexy elf...pic or no pic
Yes but now I'm a sexy pissed off elf! Its not like they don't have enough money already, they (Boris and Julie) are going to sweat me over something like this. God forbid they might be getting free advertising or exposure.

F***ing copyright this Boris

------------------

Peace and hair grease
Old 05-14-2001, 01:41 AM   #218
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Hmmm...looks like you aren't the only one having this problem Turbo.

Check out the news posted on May 13 of main page (for info purposes only):

http://www.gamers-allegiance.com/

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-14-2001, 01:41 AM   #219
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
Turbovee you should ask how they found out you were using a picture of Gambit for your Sig. The only way I can figure out on how they found out was someone on this board told them.

It really doesn't matter who told on me. Its just they fact that these artist whether it be picture art or music get too damn greedy and want to capitalize on every penny they can possibly get into their grubby little fingers.

------------------

Peace and hair grease
Old 05-14-2001, 01:45 AM   #220
turbovee
Elminster

Accord - I totally agree with the comments on that other site. All I can say is what a bunch of assholes. You guys can't tell this is really burning me can you?

------------------

Peace and hair grease