Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 07-23-2002, 07:58 PM   #1
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This is a continuation from Chapter XI.

There are currently 4 princesses (1 recently rescued [img]graemlins/fairy.gif[/img] ) within the group, which is led by Lady Galadria and Sir Attalus.

LilyBlack has just left [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] after her failure to get Eliza to follow her on some questionable task [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

[ 07-23-2002, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 08:00 PM   #2
mistral4543

Here's Attalus' latest post:

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
SIR BLANDAMOUR (As they ride, he notices a burned-out cabin with a youth sitting on the stoop forlornly. He goes over to investigate.) "Ho, there, laddie. What happened here?" (Seeing the youth look frantically around for a place to hide, he adds reassuringly) "Don't worry, no-one will hurt you. I am Sir Blandamour of the Order of the Radiant Heart of Lathander."

BOY"Oh, gee, good, a paladin. You gotta help me, sir. I ccame back from a hunting trip and found my house like this. I don't know where my family is, or what happened. All I found was this" (He exhibits an orc arrow)

SIR BLANDAMOUR (grimly) "Well, you had better go on into town. What's the nearest one haround here? Yes, we've got an Order building, there. Give them this token, and they will put you up until you can find out something."
Old 07-23-2002, 08:12 PM   #3
mistral4543

Sorsha and Isaura approach Sir Blandamour, eyeing the orc arrow warily ~ "Why would orcs do that?" ~ Then realise they have in fact chorused this line rather admirably. The cheeks of both sisters flush considerably as they give each other a sheepish grin.

Yet the matter at hand demands more attention than such childish delights. They await the paladin's reply, heads bowed respectfully.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:23 AM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (Grins at the Princesses, who indeed make a lovely picture standing together, their family resemblance obvious, blushing prettily.) "My dear Highnesses, orcs are savage beasts who prey upon the weak and unwitting. It is the task of all civised beings to put an end to them, so that they do not commit more atrocities, like this." (The smile vanishes) "But, we must find out what has become of these miserable folk. I see no...remains...and orcs usually do not take prisoners. But then, these orcs are not acting typical at all. I think that Kinn'zuwannik was holding back some information on us. Typical, for him."
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 09:29 AM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

OOC: first off, thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes [img]smile.gif[/img] Also special thnks to Mistral and Cerek for looking after my characters for me [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
If I'm not posting an awful lot that's probably because I'm playing Warcraft III (NWN still isn't availiable here by the way [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] ). Descriptions of my characters should be around soon, though Ni Deng's will probably end up in the other thread.

IC: Legolas

His face hardens somewhat as the paladin speaks. Orcs were savage, maybe, but he had his own thoughts as to the extent of their evil. He found himself silently disagreeing with the paladins more often as time passed, and with the other elven ranger even before time came along. Why were they still with this group?
But he knew. Although by now there was little chance left of Isaura taking the throne, there was the growing bond between the two sisters. Much as she might want to leave too, he could not possibly deny her a chance to learn to know her sister. Without intent, it was Isaura who kept them with the group. Then again, it was not like any of them had anywhere to go.
But that was not entirely true, was it? He was supposed to meet with Durlan weeks ago. Walking silently at the rear of the party, he idly wondered if he should sent another messenger bird.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 02:44 PM   #6
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA (Reins in Gold Top until she is even with the scowling Legolas) "My good Legolas, I saw you looking rebellious when Sir Blandamour spoke of the orcs. Do you disagree with him? I thought that orcs were first made by some dark power in imitation of the elves, long ago, and were entirely evil. Do you know ought that would contradict this? Some kindly impulse among the orcs, some ill deed declined? Tell me, if you know of such, I beseech you."
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 04:07 PM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

Legolas

Becoming aware of his face showing his emotions so plainly, he quickly gathers them and puts them away. He thought he didn't usually do so, but he also knows how he can't hide his smile when he's near Sorsha. That woman definately brought his defences down. He smiles at the mental image of Sorsha, by herself, battering down a castle wall with her mace. Then he puts that, too, behind his elven face and turns more serious, even sounding almost sad at times.

"You have the right of it. It was a long time ago.
All elves were thought purehearted once, but you need only dig far enough to find evidence it's otherwise now. All races have been plagued by a sense of individuality. In a way, they have been corrupted, corrupted by humans. Given enough time and contact, mankind has that effect on all races, save perhaps the undead. Then, the undead consist in part of former humans, so I suppose they too have been affected.

The orcs are no longer as mindless as before, orcs. Still mostly evil, but no longer just following the strongest orc and charging after him. More and more orcs are burdened with a sense of honour, twisted as it may seem to us. Is it not true that in the past orcs simply raided villages and fought armies relentlessly, whereas now they can be bargained with? Aside from a rare raid here and there, the larger tribes don't do wars anymore. Paladins and rangers would not be out adventuring as we do if orcs were pure evil. There simply wouldn't be time.
Your colleague seems to be judging all the orc race by the tales of his nanny and probably a handful of experiences with the more savage ones. Although he might be right in this case, there's no way for him to be sure. The orcs could have good reasons for taking the people, to ensure their own safety or even protect these people from another threat. I think I've seen Blandamour in enough action to fear he'll let himself be led by prejudice."

He'd wanted to add a comment on how he didn't go around killing humans just because one might have picked his pocket once, but thinks better of it. He knew it was difficult to explain different shades of evil to a paladin; after all, they seemed to fear the grey. And nine out of ten times they would be right about the orcs.
The elf shrugs, unable to put to words exactly what he means. It seemed the recent encounter with the majestic dragon had cast a shadow over his mind. He'd sleep it off, he promises himself.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 05:48 PM   #8
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

OOC>>Yay new chapter! O, Welcome back and happy belated birthday Legolas!
IC>>Verloren
"Hmmm..." Verloren closed her eyes in thought breifly before looking down at the elf called Legolas, "Orcs taking humans for their own protection, or for the human's? More likely for the stew pot! Orcs care not about others, just themselves. Perhaps they have ceased warring with eachother to increase their numbers, or save what they have left. A human could also be taken as bait..." She frowns at this and shakes her head, sending a ripple down her hair, "An orc is an orc, and the ones that did this will be tasting my swords soon enough! Sir Blandamour, when are we to desecrate this beasts? I fear i cannot wait much longer"
Old 07-24-2002, 07:02 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>>Good posts, all of you! IC>>
SIR BLANDAMOUR (He searches in the ruins of the house, but finds no corpses. He frowns, because he would think that at least one would have fallen in the defence of their home. Then, hearing Verloren's comment, the blood runs from his face. The stew pot indeed. These orcs must be cannibals, and have taken the bodies, dead and alive, to eat their flesh! He smiles, then, at Verloren's innocent ferocity.) "Soon, your Highness. For, this is the foot of Breakbone Pass. According to this map that Kinn'zuwannik gave me, the orc cave is a day's march from here."
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 08:02 PM   #10
mistral4543

Sorsha

So it had come to this.

They would be fighting again.

She chews her lips studiously, attempting not to betray her reservations. Legolas had not appeared too happy about this latest quest as well, and she knows that he stays for her sake. There seems to be no way out for her, unless Isaura agrees to the unpalatable task of being the ruler.

Much as she has grown to feel genuine affection for the former illusionist, she cannot help but feel frustration. Looking down hurriedly as Isaura turns to glance at her, she feels her sister's eyes burning onto her golden locks.

[ 07-24-2002, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]