Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-16-2000, 04:42 AM   #1
Nads

I have enough trouble dealing with one but there are three blocking my way in a passage after the maze area, big ugly plant things.

Old 11-16-2000, 05:05 AM   #2
Tucks

I imaginge you should deal with them much the same way you would (should) have done with the ManEating plants.... best is some kind of Metior storm... Firestorms... icestorm.... whatever... just stay away, and use majikz!

Old 11-16-2000, 06:14 AM   #3
Astyanax12

Easy, just let them follow you back to the maze. Exit it and wait for them to be zapped every time they walk through a door. All you have to do is chill, have a coffee, whatever, while you wait for them to die.

Old 11-16-2000, 06:55 AM   #4
Regis
Welcomed New User

That method very nearly got me killed...especially when you remember that, once in those rooms, you really can't see an opponent coming. I had rushed through 3 rooms, thinking there was no way they could follow...they did. Additionally, every time they enter is considered a fresh battle and they get to fire off their spells again. And don't forget, you are also taking damage while running through those rooms yourself...you'd have to make sure you heal up fast or have more hit points than the average lily plant.

Long distance spells are the best way to get them and in this case, it's better if you can kill them off without having to retreat into the maze. Start at the other end of the hall that leads to the room they're in and use Meteor Storm if you have it. This is one of the prime places to use your Mana/Mana More/Mana Max potions as well, considering at least half your spells will fizzle...chances are you may not regen your magic fast enough for the next time you'll need it.
Old 11-16-2000, 09:09 AM   #5
Astyanax12

Hmm, did you go all the way back to the steps that lead down to the main caverns? It's easy if you've mapped the maze and you only get a couple of zaps. The plants keep trying to head directly towards you but keep getting zapped back to other rooms before they can hit you. I know others have used this method successfully as well. Trying to actually fight them inside the maze is suicide for the reasons you've given.