Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-21-2001, 02:24 PM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I'm trying to figure out what to be and I don't want to be the usual fighter mage or Paladin. Any ideas of a kit that might be intersting. I've played for a long time as a cleric of lathanda but he got pretty useless later on in the game. I'm thinking of maybe a Kensai of a thief kit. I won't play as a bard cause they seem naff in my opinion. Monks are just dodgy. Are Druids any good?. would prefer a good killer rather than just a pure thief or mage.

Warby
Old 10-21-2001, 02:29 PM   #2
Lord Exxon

Yeah, you should try the totemic druid.
That guy rocks!!!

-----------------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Old 10-21-2001, 02:35 PM   #3
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I like the Totemic druid also!!!!
Try an Assassin dualed to a Mage or
A Necromancer dualed to a thief if
you want to be EVIL and kill stuff.

[This message has been edited by Fuzzy Animal (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 02:38 PM   #4
Byronas

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Exxon:
Yeah, you should try the totemic druid.
That guy rocks!!!

-----------------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity
I agree with him try itbiglaughbiglaughbiglaugh:!!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

[This message has been edited by Byronas (edited 10-21-2001).]

Old 10-21-2001, 02:41 PM   #5
Byronas

Quote:
Originally posted by Byronas:
I agree with him try it:b:b:b:b:b:b:b:b:b!!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-21-2001, 03:10 PM   #6
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

But wouldn't totemic whatever be a bit weak later on in the game?. This is my planned group if I'm good

Me?
Keldorn
Jan
Nalia
Sir Amomen

Who can I add to this group and what should I be?

If I'm evil it'll be

Me?
Korgan
Jan
Vicona
Edwin

Who else could I have and what could i be to compliment the group?

The evil group is more powerfull because of Edwin. Can I have Keldorn in my Evil group without him trying to kill anyone?

Warby
Old 10-21-2001, 03:20 PM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

You cannot have Keldorn in the evil party you just described, trust me on that one (it's logical, really. what would a LG paladin want in a party like that???)
I would suggest Jaheira as an addition to your evil party, and take a Chaotic Neutral alignment yourself. As for your class, that depends on whether you like magic-based parties or fighting-based ones. In the first case, try a Druid, in the latter, an Assasin or Monk or something. You could also tkae the middle solution and play as a Kensai-Mage.

For the good party, try adding Aerie if you can live with the whining - she's pretty versatlie due to her large repetoire of both Mage and Cleric Spells. Otherwise, I would again advise Jaheira. She is incredible when given the proper equipment (try the Gorgon Plate +4, a belt of strength, cloak of the sewers, Fortress Shield or equivalent large shield, Blackblood club or Water's Edge scimitar (both +3, alternate with the Spear of Impaling and no shield equipped for maximum damage) and she'll have an amazing Armour Class) and has a decent selection of spells (especially at high levels, can you say Creeping Doom/Insect plague??)

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-21-2001, 03:24 PM   #8
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

Hmmm. Maybe I should just randonmly choose a character. Then try and complete t with em. It must be possible or they wouldn't have included the kit. I'll just close my eyes and see what happens.

Warby
Old 10-21-2001, 03:26 PM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Warby:
Hmmm. Maybe I should just randonmly choose a character. Then try and complete t with em. It must be possible or they wouldn't have included the kit. I'll just close my eyes and see what happens.

Warby

LOL - sounds logical, it does...
Good luck then! Let us know which one Fate decided on

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-21-2001, 03:33 PM   #10
StarVid
Elminster

I'd get rid of Jan and be a multi fighter/thief. I'm playing my first one now and he rocks. I'm taking him through BG1 first, just for the continuous storyline, but think of the damage he'll do in BG2 and ToB. Mixing some greater whirlwinds and some backstabs or whatever. It doesn't matter, all I know is that he has about 80% of the kills now and I expect that it'll stay at this level for the rest of the game.