Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2001, 05:11 PM   #1
Cletus the Black
Welcomed New User

What's up with the Umar Hills? That place is the safest place in the game. I got the mimic's blood and trashed the umberhulks in the cave and saved the wizard, I set up the truce with the Ogres and the Mayor, I busted the Tanner's contact, made a deal with Valygar, and searched Marella's cabin. I have camped out at night, I have done night patrols yelling "Yoohoo, come and eat me!" and looking for secret entrances but nothing bigger than a tiger will come out an play. What am I missing? If there are bad guys here, where are they? My crew isn't that tough. If the quest is done, my journal won't clear it. Little help please. Also, the program burnt Viconia at the stake with out giving me a chance to save her. Am I screwed on this deal, the program haunted, or what? Also, are all of the npc's wimps? Cern is a wimp, Keldorn is a wimp, Nalia is a wimp, Edwin is a wimp. I am still running with the early npc's. Such is life.
Old 01-30-2001, 05:17 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Umber Hill, SPOILER MAYBE:
>
>
>
>
>
Have you gone to the ranger's cabin, pick up the book on the table and note on the ground yet? That will give you a new map Temple Ruins where you do the Shade Lord quest.

The program will not give you an option to save Viconia, you have to go toward the stake ASAP once the fanatic finish he "little speech" and click twice on the stake, that'll free the drow lady.

No, not all NPCs are wimps, Minsc is definitely not a wimp, nor is Jaheria and Korgan.
Old 01-30-2001, 05:22 PM   #3
HavokHound

If it hasn't cleared, you haven't completed the quest, I assume your talking about the murders... You should have received some information from the townspeople and the mayor and the rangers cabin. Much of what Umar hills is about isn't actually happening in that map, it happens in a different area. There we Umberhulks? Did you play at a hard level? I didn't know about the tanner's contact. However did you play with the chickens? If you need specifics (spoiler) let us know.

Viconia, confused me the first time as well, and I watch her turn into baked drow, but you have to walk up to her and click on the stakes around her a couple of times, and then watch the fun... If you want her, I woudl go back and re-load.

I find different NPC's useful in different quests. And some you can use depending on the goodness or evilness of your party. But otherwise I haven't any of them particularly tough.

Old 02-01-2001, 03:04 PM   #4
Cletus the Black
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the advice. I didn't relate the Hills with the Temples. I'm on my way. As for the NPC's, the "original ones" are cool. Keldorn took some time to sort out. He has a lot of back up and support spells, such as protection from evil. If he can cover the crew that way, Aerie/Amonem/Jaheira can load up on other stuff. Cern is good as a werewolf but I didn't get much help from him otherwise. Oh, well. I still love the game. Must try harder.