Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-29-2000, 05:32 PM   #1
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Well im in chapter 4 and Yoshimo has died attacking me (he did expect to kill me ?? HA HA HA !!!). I´ve read over there that there is a way to keep him in the party, how can i do it ?? Anyway, Ive already gone out of there so i think i wont be able to get him again. Now i dont have a thief (i dont like imoen as a thief and i already have 2 mages, so i dont want to take Jan Jansen. Is there another thief over there ??
And now that Ive gone out of the Assylum, I have a pair of questions:

- I forgot to use the machine to get another pair of boots of speed. Can i go back ??
- I forgot (damn!) to try a portal where it said that i needed 3 stones to enter. Can i go back ??
- Where should i go now, the underdark or with the captain (cant remember his name). The captain has asked me to steal a horn to steal a ship and go out the island. What is the most interesting option ?? (i want to see drows i want to see drows )

Another question: lately my dialogues with Jaheira are getting strange: i mean that i have no option to answer her politely. For example, when i went out of the assylum, she asked me to talk and i agreed. then she asked me LOTS of things and my only options were: "this seems a interrogation (?)" and "why do you want to 'extract' me such info?". I had no polite option. Might this be cause of my high rep (20) ?? Will Edwin leave me if i stand with this high rep ??

Old 12-29-2000, 05:45 PM   #2
G.W.

To get yoshimo back you need to restart before chapter 4 and leave him behind. Then when you go back to the copper coronet to meet him, pause and click to talk to him. He is going to die immediately (seppukku?), so talk to him to get him in your group so you can raise him. Maybe worth restarting, maybe not.

Old 12-29-2000, 11:15 PM   #3
Armisael

Jan Jansen is the only decent thief besides Yoshimo, since he's the only one that actually continues to advance as a thief. I'd definitely take him. Consider his illusionist part a bonus and live with it.
You can't go back into the maze after you get through it, unfortunately.
Go with Saemon, as stupid as it may seem. You just miss out on too much if you skip it.
Jaheira's dialogue options are a script, nothing to do with your rep or anything. The argumentitive options will stop soon enough. And yes, Edwin should already have left you with a rep of twenty.

Old 12-29-2000, 11:31 PM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I have this wicked idea... when I checked my override folder, I saw Yoshimo.bcs or something. I think it's the override when you don't include him in your party. Hey, just make a backup if ever the game hangs up. Thats all I know. If you want Yoshimo bad, then its worth a try.
Old 12-30-2000, 05:04 AM   #5
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Yoshimo´s loss has f*cked me so much that Im thinkimg on restarting the game... But I´ve done every quest that I could do by chapter 4, so it would be very hard for me to start over...and im a sorceror which is starting to suck... DAMN !!!! I have too much game left to finish ?? If I´m near the end I´ll finish but if not...well, I dont think what i will do.

THANKS to all

Another thing: thanks for the suggestion Bahamut but I dont like to cheat. Even when I lost the bracers AC4, a cloak of protection and the girdle of inertia barrier(?) I didnt cheat to recover them. Also this is a question: how did i lost these items ?? Are there thieves in the game or what ??

Old 12-30-2000, 05:06 AM   #6
G.W.

Pretty tough of Black Isle to make the game have so few thieves yet make them pretty much required.

Old 12-30-2000, 07:20 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ertai, if you have the unpatched version then losing items could be the result of a bug or an attack by a nishruu or hakeashar. in theory these summons should only be able to drain magic items but the unpatched version allowed them to destroy items at random too.

there are no thieves in the game after chap 4 unfortunately. you're stuck with imoen, jan, nalia.

if you don't like to cheat the yoshimo copper coronet strategy could be construed as cheating as it is not in keeping with the storyline...
Old 12-30-2000, 07:21 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

One more thing, the Jaheira dialogue goes through a point where she is doing a lot of soul searching and it may become a bit strained. that's normal.
Old 12-30-2000, 07:29 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Ertai, Jan is fantastic. Giving him shadow armour negates his spells, so just give hime thief enhancing spells like invisibility etc. More than a few people dualled Yoshi as a fighter anyway. Jan, as Armisael says keeps levelling up and so ends up VERY skilled.

Anyhow can you ever have too many mages?

I wouldn't bother restarting mate, just live with the loss. It's part of the plot and you get....

******Spoiler*******
......a LOT of experience if you take his heart to a temple of Illmater.
Old 12-30-2000, 07:46 AM   #10
jari4east

U could use vagylar and let your mages have knock and fintraps spells