Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2002, 06:03 PM   #1
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

All i know about the plot involves a town (or city) called Neverwinter and some demon called Balor. Is the PC a hero destined for greatness (i.e. spawn of a god) or a stupid frickin farmer child that has to defend his crops? What happens to Neverwinter and what the ■■■■ is Balor doin there. you probably wont know much more that i did until it is released but i was just curious if someone has stumbled upon something.
Old 06-16-2002, 06:06 PM   #2
Disciple
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know much of anything about the story, and am glad. I'll just play the game and enjoy it as it happens.
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 08:15 PM   #3
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Do you kiss your mama with that mouth??
Old 06-19-2002, 01:13 AM   #4
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Does a character have to be the child of a god to be destined for greatness?
I personally prefer characters who rise from humble beginnings and make a difference through skill and determination. I'd much rather play a normal person than a "child of destiny born of a god, upon whom rests the fate of the world... No, the galaxy... Aw, hell, make it the UNIVERSE!!!!"
The best stories I have ever played or GMed were about individual characters living their lives and forging friendships. The "save the world" style campaigns have to keep spiraling out into bigger and bigger threats that eventually hold no meaning. "oh, we must save earth again today? Oh, all right..."