Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2001, 11:47 PM   #1
Tananda
Elminster

Could anyone tell me, please - how many exp. points Naga-killing brings? My party killed her three times today - and it was something about 14000 twice and about 17000 for the last time. Why there is difference?
And... So much fun in killing Naga with elevator! Oh, it was a pleasure (You know, murder in cooperation with elevator brings us 17000. For 14000 exp.points we killed her all by ourselves and - for the same 14000 it did the elevator by himself).
Thanks a lot to Ladybug for the Snakeskin hint! All this 'murdered by elevator' business was possible because Naga changed her location after being asleep (run after may party, may be?)

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 11:55 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

XP is somewhat random, but affected by how many people are in your party, possibly some of their stats (higher levels = higher XP), and how much you have the difficulty level cranked on the game.

I tend to play a 4-character party, and usually get about 21,000+ XP for the Naga, meaning that it would be in the 85,000's for 1 character alone. That, of course, may be affected by other things that I mentioned above.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 11:56 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh..on the snakeskin trait...yep, that's a great tip, but...think how you must look afterward! (Probably like the "Traveler" (Grue Morde) at the beginning of the game...

-Saz
Old 05-10-2001, 12:35 AM   #4
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

Glad to hear you got the Snakeskin Trait, wrinkled skin or not! My Naga also got caught in the elevator after it woke up. It took a lot of damage in the elevator before I finally went back there to kill it. Great fun!

Ladybug
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 01:25 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hehehehe hee hee hee I can just see that big green butt caught in an elevator! Stupid Naga! Heheehe

-Sazerac
Old 05-10-2001, 05:59 AM   #6
Kulko
Elite Waterdeep Guard

as fo r the XP question., 17000 sounds to me like it was only given to 5 people, so probably one of your people has been stoned or dead, when she was killed and was therefore not sharing the XP.

And now my question what is this snakeskin trick?

Ciao
Kulko
Kulko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 08:09 AM   #7
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

Remember that woman early in the game, Kirielle I think she was called, who spoke of her dead lover who'd created a potion for use in the Serpent Temple. She gave it to you when you returned from the Crypt with her dead lover's amulet. Well, if you use the potion to put the Naga to sleep, creep on by and complete the level, the High Priestess offers the trait. You then can go back and deal with the Naga in the time-honoured fashion.

Of course, this is all hearsay on my behalf, because in the heat of the moment, I entirely forgot about the potion in the collection of rubbish my party was carting around, magicked up my party, and saw her off with swords and staves. I only remembered the potion much later, in Shurugeon Castle I think, when I was rearranging the stuff in their packs. Still, something to look forward to on the re-run.

------------------
Fantaghiro
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 06:08 PM   #8
Tananda
Elminster

Sazerac,
Thank you for the information.
My elven girl with Snakeskin looks nod bad, really.
I am watching her - if she begins to turn into a green snake, my cleric will do something with it. He promised .

Ladybug,
It is a pleasure to say 'Thanks' to you once more ,
Now I have not only snakeskin, but also a method of killing Naga without doing anything. Such a fanny method!

Kulko,
No, all my party was alright. That is why I asked the question about EXP - all seemed to be equal except the elevator I hope you'll enjoy this too

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 06:16 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm...maybe you get more points for killing her in the elevator? Heheh!

(I still love that visual! Someone a while back pushed Shinwiki down the toad-hole just to see what would happen. We have some wild posters here, LOL!)

-Sazerac