Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-27-2001, 10:33 PM   #21
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Poopie! This do I swear by the almighty god Poopie! (Well, if I can't Dual, can I at least choose the kit Priest of Poopie? It's fertilizer, it fits in well with the Druid ethos.)

Oh, I'm perfectly happy to accept that you know everything about BG2; [img]smile.gif[/img] After all, I'm the same way with BG1. I do, however, have two last questions to ask to save my Druid from tumbling screaming into the Recycle Bin: What was your Druid's Wisdom? (When I did it, I didn't bother rolling, I just summoned up Gatekeeper to have all 18's.) Also, do you have ToB? It won't be such a pain not being able to Dual with BG2 if ToB DOES allow it.

I suppose I could just sneak the Dual in at the very end of BG1; There probably isn't a whole lot of difference between a Druid Dualed to Fighter at Level 10 and one Dualed at Level 14. It's still irksome, though. What the hell was BioWare thinking? (Refer to my previous dialogue between Cletus and Bubba.)

How difficult would it be to use Shadowkeeper to make this character, and would it really be unfair?
Old 11-27-2001, 10:46 PM   #22
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Poopie! This do I swear by the almighty god Poopie! (Well, if I can't Dual, can I at least choose the kit Priest of Poopie? It's fertilizer, it fits in well with the Druid ethos.)

Oh, I'm perfectly happy to accept that you know everything about BG2; [img]smile.gif[/img] After all, I'm the same way with BG1. I do, however, have two last questions to ask to save my Druid from tumbling screaming into the Recycle Bin: What was your Druid's Wisdom? (When I did it, I didn't bother rolling, I just summoned up Gatekeeper to have all 18's.) Also, do you have ToB? It won't be such a pain not being able to Dual with BG2 if ToB DOES allow it.

I suppose I could just sneak the Dual in at the very end of BG1; There probably isn't a whole lot of difference between a Druid Dualed to Fighter at Level 10 and one Dualed at Level 14. It's still irksome, though. What the hell was BioWare thinking? (Refer to my previous dialogue between Cletus and Bubba.)

How difficult would it be to use Shadowkeeper to make this character, and would it really be unfair?

Uh wisdom... I don't know, about 15. I just concentrated on the prime stats to see if it was possible to dual. And I do have ToB sadly; I think your druid has been shunned by the evil Poopie [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I know nothing about shadow keeper, but it probably wouldn't be any harder than anything else ( [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] ). Unfair? Will it increase your game enjoyment to have a druid dualled to a fighter? That's all you really have to think about cheating-wise - it's just a game, and if it's not as fun for you not to cheat then cheat!
Old 11-28-2001, 12:02 AM   #23
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Hmmm.....'about' 15? Because even though 15 CHA is the minimum when rolling a Druid, I definitely wouldn't consider CHA to be their primary requisite. So if your Druid's WIS was really 15, then Druids ain't worth poopie unless you cheat in order to allow the Dual. But if you're not sure the WIS was at least 15, Aelia, I'm afraid Telchar and I are going to have to ask you to do it again with all 18's this time, just to make SURE it's impossible.

Because I hate Multiclassed Fighters, that's why.

I think it's time for a new sig.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:25 AM   #24
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Hmmm.....'about' 15? Because even though 15 CHA is the minimum when rolling a Druid, I definitely wouldn't consider CHA to be their primary requisite. So if your Druid's WIS was really 15, then Druids ain't worth poopie unless you cheat in order to allow the Dual. But if you're not sure the WIS was at least 15, Aelia, I'm afraid Telchar and I are going to have to ask you to do it again with all 18's this time, just to make SURE it's impossible.

Because I hate Multiclassed Fighters, that's why.

I think it's time for a new sig.

Bah! You're lucky I have a lot of free time, and am so benevolent [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But... you are in luck. Although the manual states druids cannot dual class - they can! Happy, joy! [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] Mustn't have been 15 after all God this game is annoying. Why would it say charisma is important to the druid if it is not their prime requisite, not to mention why is the manual wrong? Bah! By the way, I don't know why you couldn't do this yourself [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Perhaps your sig could read "Poopie-head and delegator of menial tasks"
Old 11-28-2001, 01:06 AM   #25
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Druids can Dual? This opens new possibilities... oh, a minor correction, a dualclassed Fighter->Cleric cannot use Shortbows/Longbows/Crossbows and Edge weapons. Anomen demostrates this.
Old 11-28-2001, 02:17 AM   #26
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yee Ha! Now I'm glad I was so pushy. I thank you! Telchar thanks you! I'll bet Dundee Slaytern thanks you, too!

I couldn't test it myself, Aelia, because I don't have BG2 yet. I'm just a humble, though very meticulous (read: anal) BG1 player who's seeing just how much planning ahead he can cram into one party. And it's because I'm in BG1 that my Fighter->Cleric can use a Crossbow, Dundee: Until he begins to Dual to a Cleric, he can pick up any dang weapon he pleases. And BG1 doesn't care if he's using a Sling or a Crossbow--as long as it's a Missile-type weapon and the guy has 3 weapon stars in Missile, the THAC0 is the same. I'll bet it's different in BG2, though; you put points into Sling instead of Missile.

Thanks again, Aelia, and a tiny, squeaking 'thank you' from my little Druid, saved from the Recycle Bin. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 02:33 AM   #27
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Oh, P.S.: This makes 3 times that I know of that the manual or the game itself has been wrong. The 1st was when it said Rangers can't Dual (Ranger/Cleric is a valid class, both for Dual and Multi), and the 2nd is when you're building a Thief and assigning points. The description of the Find Traps ability is as follows:
"A Thief uses this ability to find small traps, pit traps, and alarms. This ability does not find large mechanical traps."
And here's what it says for Open Locks:
"A Thief uses this ability to pick pad locks, door locks and combination locks. He also uses it to disable traps."

Thus misleading me into thinking (for a good long time, too) that locating the trap depended on the Find Traps score, but actually disarming it depended on the Locks score.

And NOW you know everything, Aelia. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 03:33 AM   #28
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:

Thanks again, Aelia, and a tiny, squeaking 'thank you' from my little Druid, saved from the Recycle Bin. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It was my pleasure! Well, actually it wasn't, I really hate that Irenicus opening bit [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] And sitting through it twice!! But I'm pleased your gaming experience won't be ruined [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 04:12 AM   #29
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
And it's because I'm in BG1 that my Fighter->Cleric can use a Crossbow, Dundee: Until he begins to Dual to a Cleric, he can pick up any dang weapon he pleases. And BG1 doesn't care if he's using a Sling or a Crossbow--as long as it's a Missile-type weapon and the guy has 3 weapon stars in Missile, the THAC0 is the same. I'll bet it's different in BG2, though; you put points into Sling instead of Missile.

Well sadly, that is correct, because in BG2, the missile weapons split into different categories, so you cannot hoodwink the code anymore and try to equip what is restricted. I tried making a Fighter->Cleric use Longbows before, no dice, and I assume it will apply to Crossbows as well.