Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 10:01 PM   #1
Sherpa Doug
Dungeon Master

I just rolled up a new Skald character. He has proficientcy in longbow and a variety of spells. In the first few encounters of the game he aquired a composite bow. He has plenty of strength but he can not use the bow, it is colored pink. Can he only use a true long bow and not a composite bow?
Worse yet all of his spells are greyed out, even when he is naked! Imoen started with active spells. Do I need to rest or level up (he starts at level 8) before he can use his spells?

------------------
Old 05-21-2001, 10:40 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

His strength needs to be 18 to use a composite longbow. I’m assuming that you picked this up off a dead goblin. Didn’t you know that goblins have 18 strength?

Check that you’re not wearing armor. If you are, you can’t cast any spells. Also, rest up and see what that does.

Skalds get great bonuses from level 15 – they are a great asset to any group. +4 to hit, +4 damage, -4 to AC, Immunity to Charm and Confusion

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-21-2001).]
Old 05-22-2001, 01:23 AM   #3
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

You can cast if you have bladesinger chain on. Thats the ONLY good part about a bard.

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 03:38 AM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I have had the problem with greyed out spells - make sure he has MEMORISED SOME SPELLS, then let him SLEEP. Problem should then be solved.

------------------

Old 05-22-2001, 03:59 AM   #5
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

oke i know this is going to be silly but since the conversation has turned to bards, who should i keep and who should i get rid of. i have the choice of hairy dealis aerie or nalia. who do i dump??
Old 05-22-2001, 04:02 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

I would say Nalia in the first place, and then Haer Dalis.. Aerie is pretty good in my eyes, cos she can do mage and cleric spells both... and ofcourse she's pretty cute!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-22-2001, 04:08 AM   #7
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
You can cast if you have bladesinger chain on. Thats the ONLY good part about a bard..

i myself prefer to use the melodic chain mail as it can only be used by bards. Jester plate mail looks funky too.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-22-2001, 04:31 AM   #8
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Sorry melodic chains what I meant.

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 04:34 AM   #9
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

I'm not sure if the bard can use bladesinger anyway.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-22-2001, 05:14 AM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherpa Doug:
I just rolled up a new Skald character. He has proficientcy in longbow and a variety of spells. In the first few encounters of the game he aquired a composite bow. He has plenty of strength but he can not use the bow, it is colored pink. Can he only use a true long bow and not a composite bow?
I don't believe Skalds can use a composite longbow, only fighter classes can. Bard classes can use a longbow which thief classes can't.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!