Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2001, 03:31 PM   #21
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
In years to come Rikard will be haveing tea and bickies with Elminster

Ehm yeah whatever
To bad i'm actually so weak this is gonna take me eons

------------------

All Hail the Seventh house Sorcerer
Master Magician of Necromancy
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF
Ramanish of Neathan'Calith
High Priest and son of the Eternal Phoenix
Shadowlord of the Silver Shield
Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz
Lord and General of the Army of the West

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 04-03-2001, 03:40 PM   #22
Lord Shield

Whoah. Accord found another rank - Silver Dragon. Hown many more?

Old 04-03-2001, 03:51 PM   #23
Dramnek_Ulk

which ever one has Shadowkeeper

------------------
The most Holy and Divine Godly and Wise Noble and Kind Knights of the Ever burning Flame Imperishable of Eternal Hope and Faith from which all Life will find its Perfect Gleaming Shining Defence Force of honour and Righteous Justice to protect them form the Corrupt Amoral Baneful Evil Flagitious Nefarious Vile wretched Depraved Low Base Sordid and dirty Wizard of ultimate doom Who wishes to destroy This Eden like Land of Bountiful Promise And Racial Harmony with great natural beauty which He dare not despoil with Grasping Talons of Destroying Misery Death pollution destruction anhilation War Strife and Hatred

(Those of you who can say this without drawing breath may be awarded a small prize)

Old 04-03-2001, 03:55 PM   #24
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
which ever one has Shadowkeeper

Why????

------------------

Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 04-03-2001, 04:03 PM   #25
Dramnek_Ulk

Beacuse they can edit themselves to be invincible to everything and have 50 of every spell to cast and have an Ac of -99 and a thaco of -99 and a magic resistences of 999.

------------------
The most Holy and Divine Godly and Wise Noble and Kind Knights of the Ever burning Flame Imperishable of Eternal Hope and Faith from which all Life will find its Perfect Gleaming Shining Defence Force of honour and Righteous Justice to protect them form the Corrupt Amoral Baneful Evil Flagitious Nefarious Vile wretched Depraved Low Base Sordid and dirty Wizard of ultimate doom Who wishes to destroy This Eden like Land of Bountiful Promise And Racial Harmony with great natural beauty which He dare not despoil with Grasping Talons of Destroying Misery Death pollution destruction anhilation War Strife and Hatred

(Those of you who can say this without drawing breath may be awarded a small prize)

Old 04-03-2001, 04:13 PM   #26
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I think they'll just do the usual old grandfather chit-chat, unless someone steals their smoking pipe and blames it on the other one.

Now there's a thought eh...........

------------------

Greetings mortals, my name is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 04-03-2001, 04:16 PM   #27
dafan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaret:
Actually, I believe Gandalf was supposed to be one of the Maiar, which would make him more analogous to an angel in Tolkien's universe. Unless I'm mistaken, the Valar would have been the elves that lived across the sea in Valinor; the Ainar would have been the demi-gods or higher tier of angels, and the Maiar like Sauron would have been the lower Tier. Eru, also called Iluvatar, was the highest god, who created everyone else. Tolkien included a lot of religious themes and undercurrents in LotR.
If I'm not wrong it's like this... valar was the toughts of illumatar... togheter they made Arda with song... From the beginning the World was flat but after som wars with the evilone Melkor or something like that... Valinor...land of valar... and Middleearth was separated and the world became round... The maias was sent to protect the good civilizations and help destroy the evil

------------------
I always let my sword talk
Old 04-03-2001, 04:19 PM   #28
Lord Shield

Yep. Checked the Tolien Encyclopaedia. The Maias were the angels/demi-gods and included the coloured wizards, whereas the Vaia are the equivalent of Gods (although they do have funny descriptions)

Old 04-03-2001, 04:22 PM   #29
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
Beacuse they can edit themselves to be invincible to everything and have 50 of every spell to cast and have an Ac of -99 and a thaco of -99 and a magic resistences of 999.

It will make you stonger
But do you feel stronger?
I think not
It's just no fun

------------------

Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 04-03-2001, 05:18 PM   #30
Tancred
White Dragon

That's right... Sauron and Gandalf were of the same 'species' of demigod, if that word can be used of them - as was the Balrog. The difference was that Gandalf was placed into human form, and was banned by the Valar from actually opposing Sauron directly. The mission of the Istari - the Wizards - was to organise the defence against Sauron, not challenge him for mastership of Middle-Earth (which Saruman tried to do).
An interesting point would be to note the low-key role magic plays in Tolkien's works. 'Magic' can mean many things, from an elf-spun chameleon cloak, to a malign ring imbued with the will of a demigod, to the Wizards' abilities to turn the forces of nature to aid themselves. Gandalf's 'spells' were not some mystical formula as such, but simply him shouting at the world to tell it to do what he wants in a language it could understand. Powerful that may have been, but he had limits - "I must have something to work on. I cannot burn snow." he says. On the other hand, Elminster's magic, being D&D, is far more 'abstract' in that waving your hands and speaking certain syllables releases energy stored in the mind, but in theory spells like Abi-Dalzhim's Horrid Wilting , Time Stop and Protection from Magic Weapons hardly seem bound by any natural laws. No answers, just food for thought.

Tancred

Sauron, on the other hand, he's hard. Hard as nails. Believe it.