Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-04-2002, 03:25 PM   #1
timokonski
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Some of the entries in the journal are darkened out and some of them are white...Do the white ones have anything to do with completed/ incomplete quests??? Also, is there a way to read an entire message from the journal? I do not remember what half of the entries pertained to because there are only about 5 words per entry!
Old 01-04-2002, 03:39 PM   #2
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Yes, I believe the white ones are incomplete quests.

HOWEVER, the recipes for the cool armour and weapons etc are not white, even when you haven't had 'em made yet.
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 04:21 PM   #3
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

What you see in the journal is all there is. If you want more information, you need to write it down somewhere else.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 04:27 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

well, the journal system is a really slim one. more like signposts to point you one way or another. if it were more robust, it would be an amazing addition.

however, we have to deal with what we got. [img]smile.gif[/img] you might consider turning on verbose npc interactions. i do and i have as many as 8 or 9 sentences describing each incident. granted some are only 1 or 2, but not many.

here's other stuff i do. these suggestions are timeconsuming. but if there's things in there that are important and i have forgotten them, it works for me.

i keep separate saves at the end of all quest giving and major plot thingies. all labeled for what they refer to. i scan thru the list and then pull up the one i want. since i keep everything on verbose and record all conversations from OPTIONS, i can review it as needed.

i also go to the person who gave me the quest and re-question them. they are more than happy to tell me stuff.

sorry. i wish i coulda just handed you a link to download a cool patch that upgraded the journal system, but that's only in my dreams. anyway, try the verbose thingie, it helps me out a lot!

V***V