Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2002, 03:34 PM   #1
Nerull
Lord Ao

I have decided to start a monk character. My only question is whether you can put unarmed attack in a quickslot. I plan to use a bow to shoot open chests (playing an elf), and would like to be able to switch back and forth without going to the inventory screen. Is that possible? How do you do it? It's easy enough with weapons, but this is not like BG1 and BG2 where they have a fist on your quick weapons.

[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 04:27 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Nerull, I have already edited one of your posts today, because of your font tags.

If you are going to use colors, please close your font tags.

Also, the face command you are attempting is not working correctly.
Try to find out from somebody how to do it properly.

Thanks.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 04:55 PM   #3
DraconisRex

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:

I have decided to start a monk character. My only question is whether you can put unarmed attack in a quickslot. I plan to use a bow to shoot open chests (playing an elf), and would like to be able to switch back and forth without going to the inventory screen. Is that possible? How do you do it? It's easy enough with weapons, but this is not like BG1 and BG2 where they have a fist on your quick weapons.

It's as simple as pie. Just put your bow in a quick slot. Press it, it's equipped. Press it again, it un-equips. Bingo! You're hand-to-hand.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 04:56 PM   #4
DraconisRex

Dude, turn off the colors. Orange? Yech.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 06:10 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Nerull, I have already edited one of your posts today, because of your font tags.

If you are going to use colors, please close your font tags.

Also, the face command you are attempting is not working correctly.
Try to find out from somebody how to do it properly.

Thanks.
My apologies. I did mean to offend. I will stay away from the colors (it gets a little boring seeing the same colors over and over...).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 06:16 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:

My apologies. I didn't mean to offend. I will stay away from the colors (it gets a little boring seeing the same colors over and over...)
No problem. As you can see the trouble it causes, when DraconisRex tried to quote our text...he caught the "unclosed font virus"! and npw his font is the same color as your's. It is easy to make a mistake...just be careful!
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 11:02 PM   #7
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

my monk has a bunch of special attacks in his quick slots. fury of blows, stunning blow, called shot leg, called shot arm, improved knockdown, quivering palm, etc. monks are the BEST characters in the game. i thought it was the sorceror, but i was wrong. i love monks.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 12:40 PM   #8
AndyG
Elminster

I think you'll find as you level up your monk, that you don't use your bow much at all. I carried a crossbow around with me for most of the game, but only rarely used it. Monks have faster movement speed, so they can close with enemies really quickly. With five or six attacks per round, there's no point plinking away with a bow.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 04:48 PM   #9
magnetism
Manshoon

I could not agree more, I have the cross bow of murder ( +5 massive crit it think ) and I have not used it once. God I am glad I never wasted a feat on weapon focus crosbow ^_^
Old 08-05-2002, 04:53 PM   #10
Rokenn
Galvatron

With a good pair of gloves it is much faster to pummel the chest into opening then to shoot it with a bow, also once you get improved evasion you do not even have to worry about disarming traps, hah.