Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-09-2002, 07:51 PM   #1
Trojo
Welcomed New User

I once found a patch 1.1 beta that I think was not made by the game developer or producer but instead by a clever lover of this game somewhere. I've since lost the file and am looking for it.

For those of you who don't know of it I can recall two things it fixed off the top of my head -

1. When someone leveled the hitpoints gained were not always 1. Instead it was randomly above that. Without teh fix the chars will only get 1 extra hitpoint almost every time they level unless they are a class that normally gets high hitpoint gain each level like the warriors. Everyone else would rarely get more than 1.

2. Medawa would stop running around when you try to talk to him again after the first time you meet him.

There were more but that's all I recall. If anyone knows where to find this patch or has it and can put it up somewhere to download that would be great thanks. Or perhaps someone knows of something else that fixes especially the hitpoint problem as I'm sick of reloading 50 times to get more than 1 hitpoint for each character when I level them.
Trojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 08:00 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

As far as I know the only patch that was made for this game was made by Heuristic Park. You can find a link to the patch on the Ironwork's W&W front page (not the forums).
There is also a handy list in the BEST TIPS thread of what it does and what it doesn't do.

As for the frequent only one hit point increase when leveling, I never found that to be much of a problem. It generally was limited to when you had changed classes and as soon as your new class reached the level of your previous class everything worked out fine. My characters were never lacked hit points.

I play the unpatched version.

Wyv
Wyvern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 06:13 PM   #3
Trojo
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the answer. I will have a go at running without the patch 1.0 like yourself and see what happens.

Those characters with teh hitpoint problems I mentioned are all on first class still. I've had this problem in the past too. Strange you dont get the problem because 'the past' that I speak of was on a different PC than I got now and same thing happened then.

I'll let you know what happens without the patch. I've also been emailing activision support about this problem and if it results in a new fix to resolve the problem this forum will be the first to know [img]smile.gif[/img]
Trojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 08:20 AM   #4
Jazzid
Manshoon

When it comes to hit points when levelling, I believe it evens out in the long run. What I mean, is that if you've only got 1 hp when you levelled up, the probability to get more than that when levelling the next time will be higher. That works the opposite way as well! Anyway, all of my characters had more than 300 hp by the end of the game.

/Jazzid
Old 01-14-2002, 10:45 PM   #5
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Also, Trojo, if you don't use the patch, a cheat for hit points is to cast "Toughen" on your char's just before entering the town, and the extra hit points you had from the spell will STAY with your char's permanently! Although, this is really not neccessary as Jazzid had mentioned. You can get through ok in the early part of the game if you're careful, but it's not much of a problem later in the game 'cause you'll have plenty of HP's to get you by. This is pretty much the same with $. Using the cheats only make the early part of the game easier. You won't need it later, especially if you check out the Best Tips Thread.

+Dr.Pick