Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2001, 08:55 AM   #1
Waluin

Ok, I've been delving into the Salvadore novels, and I'm curious if this makes sense:

Starting with the earliest:
1) Salvadore Novels
2) "The Time of Troubles"
3) Baldur's Gate I and II and ToB

Is that correct?

In addition, Drizzt's panther friend "Guenhwyver" looks deceptively like the name of the Arthurian maiden "Gwenhwyfar" (also more familiarly known as Guenevere). The likeness between the two names is rather unsettling, even though they are pronounced far differently.

Think there is an intentional connection? Just pondering.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:21 AM   #2
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

There is some overlap between the Time of Troubles and Salvatores novels as he actually has mention of Lloth/Lolth(?) arriving in Menzoberranzen(excuse the spelling) in one of his books, though I can't remember which one.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:44 AM   #3
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinslayer:
There is some overlap between the Time of Troubles and Salvatores novels as he actually has mention of Lloth/Lolth(?) arriving in Menzoberranzen(excuse the spelling) in one of his books, though I can't remember which one.
Yeah, that's what got me thinking that his earlier books happened before, then somewhat overlapped into the time of troubles. Lloth mentions a time of reckoning is coming for the gods in the prelude for Seige of Darkness (current book I'm reading), and I started wondering if she was referring to the Time of Troubles directly.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:59 AM   #4
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Waluin:
Yeah, that's what got me thinking that his earlier books happened before, then somewhat overlapped into the time of troubles. Lloth mentions a time of reckoning is coming for the gods in the prelude for Seige of Darkness (current book I'm reading), and I started wondering if she was referring to the Time of Troubles directly.
S P O I L E R

Seige of Darkness is the one I'm thinking of and Lloth's avatar does put in an appearance in this book!
Old 07-16-2001, 11:36 AM   #5
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinslayer:
S P O I L E R

Seige of Darkness is the one I'm thinking of and Lloth's avatar does put in an appearance in this book!
Spoilers + answers dont mix.

Anyway, ok. Cool. So it does coincide with the ToT then.

Anyone else want to chime in about anything I mentioned?
Old 07-16-2001, 11:51 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This should really belong in the books forum, but click here for a timeline of all the Forgotten Realms books in chronological order, dated by the Roll of Years. And I mean *every* book.

------------------
Old 07-16-2001, 02:40 PM   #7
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
This should really belong in the books forum, but click here for a timeline of all the Forgotten Realms books in chronological order, dated by the Roll of Years. And I mean *every* book.
Good Point, forgot about that forum since I dont see it frequented too often. It mostly belongs there, but since it wasn't TOTALLY about books I figured I could break the rules a lil bit for more exposure to my question

GREAT LINK! WOW! This was *exactly* what I was looking for.
Old 07-16-2001, 05:36 PM   #8
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

WOW! Great link...I have never know where to start... I have the three Drizz't trilogies in hardback, but I didn't know where to go from there...any suggestions?

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner

()xxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
Old 07-17-2001, 05:43 AM   #9
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Totally agree with Black Knight here Memnoch, superb link for FR readers.