Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-13-2001, 11:22 PM   #21
Azuth

How would you start a time of troubles, i don't think telling one god that another called him a !*?^# will work. besides Ao is the only one that can strip a god of their powers and he only did it before because they were ingoring their jobs.
As for fighting Amauntor, why he is weak, all of his followers are dead, and his name forgotten.

the only way to face a god is for the character to become Bhaal and be the god of murder. but then Cyric would be P*ssed.

the best opion is to throw the character in to the Blood Wars. more then enough monsters to fight and power to gain. think the Leader of a army of deamons or their god them you could fight one or perhaps all of them. (evil laughing)

Old 01-13-2001, 11:47 PM   #22
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Now, HOW DA HELL ARE YOU GONNA BEAT UP THE HELL OUT OF THE GODS THEN?!?! If Ao is there... things are pretty bleak for the 'Rise to Godhood' campaign... : )
Old 01-13-2001, 11:54 PM   #23
Azuth

the army of deamons would kill the minions while you and the most powerful kill the god and then the deamons betray you and or ripped to sherads..... i see your point.

Old 01-14-2001, 12:15 AM   #24
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

There are like a few words facing that Tarrasque or Tiamat... HOLY SHIT. PERIOD. How bout Bahamut? He ain't in DnD eh? oh well... whose the last ruler of the Nine Hells? Anything stronger than a Tarrasque?
Old 01-14-2001, 12:28 AM   #25
BLACK KNIGHT

Ummm . . . did you read the begining of Memnoch's lovely receital of Tiamet stats by saying "And in case you need more of a challenge after dustin' off the old tarrasque, say hello to Tiamat, ruler of the First Plane of the Nine Hells"

T-Bone is quick the squeaker. Met her on the human plane once. We managed to kill off one of the heads before T-Bone killed off our entire 1200 man Keep. I was a 20th level Paladin with a ranger and a Thief and a Fighter Cleric, Cleric/Mage, Cavalier, Mage/Fighter, and a Monk named Jax. One day it was business as usual with my small city size keep, next day it was a small burnt scortch mark on the side of the world. Don't ever Royally Piss off a DM by saying his NPCs and Monsters suck, bring on a REAL challenge.

BK

Old 01-14-2001, 12:31 AM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Try Odin... : P
Old 01-14-2001, 12:36 AM   #27
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

And Memnoch, bring on those crazy muthafuckaz!!!! hehe I'm bored! just finished them off wit ma sword! Princess' guard it's called, yes... An' it grows in power as wielder does! haha!
Old 01-14-2001, 12:40 AM   #28
Khanar Tor'vel

Eeehhh, sorry for hijacking your thread, Bahamut. This god stuff is all my fault. I'm gonna go feed myself to a dragon now.

Old 01-14-2001, 12:59 AM   #29
Armisael

Dragons should be far stronger than liches, and I'm not sure even Halaster Blackcloak would have the power to kill an ancient red. In game terms, though, they're far too even. I think Firkraag would win against a regular lich, but I'm not so sure about Thaxll'ssyllia (shadow dragon).

Old 01-14-2001, 02:36 AM   #30
BLACK KNIGHT

So many questions, so little Time. Possible spoiler for all you kiddies out there.

Okay, the dragons in this game were way undersized. Memnoch was right about them being way too easy. I killed the Black Dragon in the Elvish Villiage without losing anyone. BORING!! I think it would be too time consuming to program the dragon for flying attacks, and the designers wanted to keep the battle in 2D. The GODHOOD idea, however . . . that has some merit. But remember, it is not always into the realm of Zeus, it might be Tiamet plane. FUNFUNFUN!!! For those who play DnD out there, I have a friend who has a Major GOD! My PnP Paladin worships him (mainly so she can "hang" with the 20 Charisma Cleric, but that is another story for another time). Great idea for BG3. But I don't know how the programers are going to like it.

Later

BK