Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2003, 07:15 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok, Yanez sent me some more IWD save files, and they still ain't working in my IWD saves directory.

What the hell is going on!!!?!!?!

I think the problem was, he sent two save games in one zip folder, and I don't know which file belonged in which folder. I had two copies of everything, so If i took a wrong guess which i probably did, would it not work?

Can someone send me 1 saved game file, of a Final save of IWD with NO ADD ON PACKS OR MODS please?

Thanx,
Old 01-24-2003, 08:43 PM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Sorry to here that Lavindathar. I'm afraid mine are all modified. Have you tried looking at the date/time properties for each file (why weren't they in folders)? They should be different enough on the time alone to decipher which is which. Failing that, they're not checked for read-only or somesuch are they? Something as simple as that can make the difference between working or not.
Old 01-25-2003, 04:39 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Lavi, make sure you ask about installed patches... Could make a slight difference.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:58 AM   #4
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

Ok, Lav, I sent you a game. I don't know the history behind all this so I don't know if it'll work for you or not. It unfortunately is not a final save but is a save right before the final battle. I'm sorry but I didn't have a final. You would need to have IWD with patch installed to finish it and then it will become an IWD final save. At the time I saved it, I had only IWD with patch (or at least I'm 99% positive of that). I didn't zip it or anything, just sent as att. to the email, so it's a little more than half a meg. If you can't use it, then sorry for clogging your email.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 09:49 AM   #5
Lavindathar
Harper

My email is playing up, so I havent received it yet.

But don't I need about 9 files in all to make a save?The correct portraits, map file, iwd save file etc etc?
Old 01-25-2003, 10:09 AM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Lavi,

You should have these files:

Icewind.bmp
Icewind.gam
Icewind.sav
+Portrt0 thru Portrt5.bmp
Worldmap.wmp

10 files total

Games saved using the expansion packs will ALSO have an Expmap.wmp - i can't tell for sure from my saves whether that file is added from HOW or TOTLM.

No if Yanez didn't separate the correct files for each save and you guessed wrong, they will NOT work. I can't bee 100% certain, but it seems logical that all of the files would be interconnected as to which areas on the world map are exposed and where you are in the game.

Also, Grojllach has a GREAT point about the patches. You need to make ABSOLUTELY sure that your version of the game COMPLETELY matches the version of the game that the saved games were generated from. That means that all patches must match exactly. Additionally, saved games from a US version may not work in a UK version or an International version.

See if yanez can send you just ONE saved game file and try that.

[ 01-25-2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 10:13 AM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

Yanez, can you send me just ONE saved game file please?

Old 01-27-2003, 11:26 AM   #8
Yanez
Manshoon

I was sure that each of those saved games were in different sub-folders in the zip file. I'm sorry if I messed them somehow and I'm sending you just one saved game right now.
Yanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 02:15 PM   #9
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok, I found out that for some weird reason, IWD was looking in the wrong folder for the saves, hence why they weren't found.

That problem is sorted now.