Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-25-2002, 03:49 PM   #1
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I'm looking at picking up a new handgun. I'm torn between a Desert Eagle .44 and a Desert Eagle .50. The .50 costs more to buy and the rounds cost more...but damn is it cool. The .44 is more sensible and costs less. I know I should go with the .44, but the lure of owning a 315 grain .50 caliber weapon... It's almost more then I can resist.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 04-25-2002, 03:51 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

Go with the .50. Much more power! But, if you really can't stretch, just wait and save up a while.

I thought about it, but dont anyone start the guns are bad argument!!! Just answer the question!

[ 04-25-2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 04-25-2002, 03:53 PM   #3
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am by no means an expert on guns..however it sounds like you want the .50 ... go with what you want, or you'll regret it.

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 04-25-2002, 03:54 PM   #4
Lord Shield

a peashooter

Old 04-25-2002, 03:56 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I'm looking at picking up a new handgun. I'm torn between a Desert Eagle .44 and a Desert Eagle .50. The .50 costs more to buy and the rounds cost more...but damn is it cool. The .44 is more sensible and costs less. I know I should go with the .44, but the lure of owning a 315 grain .50 caliber weapon... It's almost more then I can resist.
I'd go with an MP5 or an AK-47 Assault Rifle (Kalashnikov)
Non automatic of course... [img]smile.gif[/img]

GREAT for home defense! Just take a pic of you holding one, and paste it on every window of your home, and NO ONE will dare enter your home!

All kidding aside, I would go with a 9mm. less kickback, which means better aim.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-25-2002, 03:58 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

.50? Nah, that's too big caliber, IMO. My dad has a Colt .45, and it is really 'powerful', not too much, absolutely not too little, so I say go with the .44.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:00 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
.50? Nah, that's too big caliber, IMO. My dad has a Colt .45, and it is really 'powerful', not too much, absolutely not too little, so I say go with the .44.
Yeah, a .50 would blow a hole through someone big enough to SEE through! LOL!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-25-2002, 04:01 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I'd go with an MP5 or an AK-47 Assault Rifle (Kalashnikov)
Non automatic of course... [img]smile.gif[/img]

GREAT for home defense! Just take a pic of you holding one, and paste it on every window of your home, and NO ONE will dare enter your home!

All kidding aside, I would go with a 9mm. less kickback, which means better aim.
[/QUOTE]I have a glock 9mm right now and I really like it. I just got this very strong impulse today to buy a new gun, and I've been eyeing the Desert Eagles for awhile. I don't know about Florida, but out here it is almost impossible to find any civilian assault weapons for a decent price. I have an SKS with the old stripper clip setup, and I'm dying to get a AR-15, but those are SO friggin expensive now!
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 04-25-2002, 04:37 PM   #9
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

go with what you want.both have enough power to put some assailants member in the dirt.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:39 PM   #10
Sorcerer Alex

Spoil yourself and go with the .50 Milamber. It's what you really want after all. You'll only regret settling for another gun.