Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2001, 04:02 PM   #101
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Uh, oh. What happene Donut? Spill the beans, come on...

England set 315 to win over 90 overs. Mark Butcher 173 not out. England win by six wickets with 17 overs to spare.

This may not be the end. This may not even be the beginning of the end, But it is the end of the beginning!!!

Twenty years since the Botham test - why don't we play all our test matches at Headingly.

More good news Phil Tufnell recalled for the last test.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas

[This message has been edited by Donut (edited 08-20-2001).]
Old 08-20-2001, 04:30 PM   #102
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Oh well good, I'm glad. I like to see some fight in the old dart.

*resumes one eyed position* We shall of course grind the English cricketing pride further in the soggy mud at the next ground we meet them of course.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-21-2001, 04:56 AM   #103
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Oh well good, I'm glad. I like to see some fight in the old dart.

*resumes one eyed position* We shall of course grind the English cricketing pride further in the soggy mud at the next ground we meet them of course.

LOL Yorick. The Australian team were magnanimous in defeat even though it's the third defeat in the last six tests.

You haven't seen Memnoch about have you? He usually posts on this thread quite a lot so he is conspicous by his absence. I hope he's not going to make me pursue him acroos the board polluting everyones threads.

I have noticed a trend with Memnoch. After an Australian defeat he delays communicating with me until they have a victory. Mmmm, Memnoch Cunctator?

------------------

Old 08-21-2001, 05:21 AM   #104
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

You haven't seen Memnoch about have you? He usually posts on this thread quite a lot so he is conspicous by his absence. I hope he's not going to make me pursue him acroos the board polluting everyones threads.

I have noticed a trend with Memnoch. After an Australian defeat he delays communicating with me until they have a victory. Mmmm, Memnoch Cunctator?

G'day mate!

We had to give you something, we could have easily gone for the draw but decided to make a fist of it despite the rain delays etc. All the same well done! No excuses. Looks like England are picking themselves up off the gutter.

Also, it was in everyone's best interest that the Fifth Test be a sellout.

------------------
Old 08-21-2001, 06:08 AM   #105
Donut
Jack Burton

Shame on you Memnoch. The next thing you'll be telling me is that some of the Australian players availed themselves of some of the 16/1 odds on England yesterday morning.

On to the Oval and the return of The Cat! 11 for 90 the last time he played against you at the Oval four years ago.

------------------