Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-20-2000, 03:24 PM   #1
Uthander

I havnt got very far in the game yet, due to lack of time. but i would rather find out all the surprises while i play the game. people who spoil the game for me by not marking their topics as "spoiler", SUCK!

i.e. arial needing resurection. i stumbled into that thread and learned more than i wanted to.

thanks

Old 10-20-2000, 04:43 PM   #2
Glorick the Half-Orc

Yeah, that pisses me off also. I usually avoid any thread that doesn't pertain to something I have already done. That one was bad becuase you may want to help the person with their problem (death) and then for some reason they mention what killed them (*spoil*).

As long as nobody spoils the ending like an idiot I guess it's not that big a deal, lol.

Old 10-20-2000, 06:41 PM   #3
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

One of the joys of BG2 is that it doesn't play the same every time. I'm going through it for the second time and things aren't happening in exactly the same way they did last time. When I first played it, Aerie NEVER turned into a vampire, not when I fought Bodhi or anyone ... so while courtesy would suggest putting "Possible spoiler" in your topic heading, it doesn't necessarily ruin the game to read these things. They happened to that person in their game ... it doesn't mean it will happen in YOUR game.
I should amend that somewhat - some things are part of the story line no matter what and will occur during your game, but many of the things I've read on here pertain to things that don't happen to everyone - like Aerie turning into a vampire.
Just a thought.
Old 12-31-2000, 05:03 AM   #4
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

err... i think you just made a spoil there bilquis... it happened to me too but i was the one who spoiled everyone... boy were they a little pissed... its was... opps nearly did it again...lets just say i spoiled the last battle to everyone... so i learned my lesson and i hope anyone who reads this message will hope to follow certain courtesies...
Old 12-31-2000, 05:05 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Zor pare,

You must've been REALLY bored to dig this post up! doubt if bilqis is going to read your message...
Old 12-31-2000, 05:14 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

sorry zor, didn't realize the board crashed again. Z must be tearing his hair out...
Old 12-31-2000, 08:30 AM   #7
One ANGRY lil' man

Once the game was released I didn't go on message boards at all until I bet the game at least once.

Old 12-31-2000, 09:17 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

My position on spoilers is this. People who intentionally spoil to ruin games for others by deliberately unmarking spoiler info eg. by putting a misleading title, failing to indicate *spoiler* in their title or worse by putting the spoiler IN the title should be banned. eg:

Final battle vs. soandso
How do you change andrianna back from a mountain bear?
Can you avoid Tetsuya from betraying you?

and so on and so on

Posters who unintentionally spoil because they don't know any better can be forgiven their ignorance - once. If you think you are releasing info which is critical to the storyline or a sudden twist in the plot, MARK your post with a spoiler tag and try not to give too much away in the title.

Those are my thoughts.
Old 12-31-2000, 10:29 PM   #9
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

opsss, gee was this a really old post?? man i didnt even noticed it... tama ka talaga memnoch... thanks for telling me..