Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2000, 12:47 AM   #1
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

the dawn ring is nothing special, no properties other than value to the lothander church. i use 2000 as well and have problems with crashing. game was developed on win98. my best advice would be to quick save alot and keep your fingers crossed. hopefully a patch will come out soon to help with this problem. No idea on help for your specific crash problem. Did you do a full install? Do you have an opportunity to quick save before the game crashes, or do you not return to your party at all?
Old 11-13-2000, 11:17 AM   #2
Cosmic

Hey - I'd appreciate any help with the following questions:

1.) I've got out of spellhold - should i go to the underdark or that guys ship? Can i get back to the underdark later on?
2.) Whenever i rest and have the dream about imoen turning me into the slayer my pc crashes when it returns to the game - any ides why or what i can do to stop it?
3.) What is the sorcerers spell progression - i.e. max amount of each level can he memorise
4.) Where is the quest for the dawn ring?
5.) i kinda tried to steal sumthing from the guys in lathanders temple - now i can't finish the second part of the helm quest - any ideas how to solve this - when charmed they won't speak to me
6.) Does Kamir - paladin in graveyard appear randomly - cos met him once but had to revert to earlier saved game - and couldn't find him - that girl needs a dad!!
7.) What are the best 2 swords for minsc to dual wield - considering i'm only in chapter four
8.) In asylum, what are the magic items you can get - only 2 boots from that machine or more? Also what can u get from that shiny door in the rrom with the rukh and the imp things?

cheers - loads of questions i know but they got me stumped!!

Old 11-13-2000, 11:43 AM   #3
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

(Spoilers Present)

I can help you with some of your questions.

1) You want to do the ship. If you don't, you miss out on underwater city and a few good magical items. You cannot get to the underwater city from the underdark, but you can get to the underdark from the underwater city.

2) Crashes are frequent in BG2. Out of curiosity, are you using Win98 or 2000?

3)? BG2 manual is vague. Not in 2nd ed. players handbook.

4? You talk to the guy in the temple of helm immediately southeast of you as you enter (name?) It's a quest for the temple of lathander. You may be out of luck because of question 5.

5) The risks of trying to steal. This could also be a bug. I have had a lot of dialogue problems, but they could be alignment related. I didn't have them my first run through with a neutral F/M, but am having them now with my paladin.

6) He's there during the day.

7)? I always have him wield the 2H sword (Lilacor)(it's soooo minsc) despite the 2 weapon proficiency.

In the asylum, there are lots of magical items. With the tokens and the vending machine, you wanted to put 15 tokens in at first. You get boots of speed, which on a powerful fighter are one of the best magical items in the game. boots of speed are much better than the two pairs you get.
Old 11-13-2000, 11:55 AM   #4
Cosmic

Thanx for the help - i'm using windows 2000 to answer your question - im just wondering what kind of ring id the dawn ring - any special properties? also do u know how to make it stop crashing after i wake up from the dream??

Old 11-13-2000, 03:49 PM   #5
dragonslayer
Manshoon

You also get a very cool Chain Mail from the Vending Machine, although it took some serious looking to find the 20th token. I also wonder if anyone else found 2 boots of speed? I only found one pair in my first game but 2 in my second.
Old 11-13-2000, 07:00 PM   #6
JJeff

There are 2 boots of speed in the game, one from the machine and one in the planar prison (Bard's Quest).

About the sorcerer's spell max.....well according to the 3th ed rule book max 6 spells per spell level castable and 5 spells per spell level knowable.... so do whatever you want with that...

Jeff the Man...