Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2009, 01:24 PM   #181
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Grist for the mill--Climate Change Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerek View Post
I'm not playing the pity/insulted card at all. Merely pointing out the inconsistency between your claim and your actual words. As you said before, it is what it is.
Good because that would be ironic if you were. Hehe.

And I just explained what was not personal. Here we are again, pretending I did not.
Anyways, I will link the previous page to you. http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...101184&page=18

Last edited by SpiritWarrior; 12-13-2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: forgot link
SpiritWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #182
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
The ice that is above sea level, that isn't on dry land, is still contributing mass to the water levels. Am I to believe that ice that isn't in water has less weight than ice that is in water, just because it may be resting on top of other ice? In my ice water experiment, you can see that the ice may not necessarily be below the surface of the water, and if ice is resting on top of ice, the water level will remain the same when the ice melts. However, you do not have to take my word for it, this is an environmentally safe experiment that you can do at home. Only ice cubes will be harmed in testing it out.
The wikipedia article on Antarctica bears this out, stating that were the ice to melt much of the landmass would be submerged due to the increased water level, however, without the weight of the ice which is sinking the continent, much, if not all of it would eventually rise up above it again.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #183
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D Harris View Post
WELL HALE OF COURSE NOT!!!!! Damnation and Hale FIRE we got Emails between the two head idots what are incharge talking about how to keep any desenting opinions out of the revant publications..... and you want to bring up there aren't any published papers in the revant publications?????? DID I read you Right???? Well spank my rear end and paint it purple if that ain't a strawman argument I sure as feces don't know what one is..... How in the hale can you sit there with a straight face and call yourself objective or wish to be viewed as objective and honest, (which is what bringing the truth, facts is) while claiming that since no papers have been published in "a proper journal", but the Guys incharge of the "proper journals" won't let anyone with an opposing view publish in their " proper Journal".... That's the pssition you really want to take???
Don't forget the emails discussing changing the meaning of "peer review" to further exclude dissenting conclusions and data.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #184
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
I take it you finally saw the movie then? Otherwise, you wouldn't be qualified to speak on his work.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...nvenient-truth
Old 12-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #185
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
What it means is that the regulations that were fought against tooth and nail by the power generating industry and their conservative lackeys on coal fired generating plants are actually working. Imagine that!
Funny thing about that, in 81, when the Gov't studies began, Reagan was in office, in 90, when the law was enacted, GHW Bush was in office, two Republicans, imagine that...
Old 12-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #186
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Obama re-opened the dialogue of national diplomacy that the other guy closed.
In the twelve days between being sworn in and the end of the nomination period for the Prize?
Old 12-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #187
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgeruat View Post
In the twelve days between being sworn in and the end of the nomination period for the Prize?
Now guys,,,I don't think we should ding BO about the PP. It's not like he solicited the damn thing...so ragging him about it is, IMO, unfair.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #188
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfBane View Post
Now guys,,,I don't think we should ding BO about the PP. It's not like he solicited the damn thing...so ragging him about it is, IMO, unfair.
It does illustrate a number of his character traits however, especially his sense of entitlement and massive personal ego. At the end of the day however, he's simply a Chicago political machine politician, and uses the thugocracy tactics of said fiefdom.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #189
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgeruat View Post
Funny thing about that, in 81, when the Gov't studies began, Reagan was in office, in 90, when the law was enacted, GHW Bush was in office, two Republicans, imagine that...
2002: NSR Rollback Initiative
On Dec. 31, exactly 32 years after President Richard Nixon signed the Clean Air Act into law, the Bush administration announces significant rollbacks to New Source Review pollution control provisions. Highlights:
1. New rules will allow virtually all pollution increases from old, high-polluting sources to go unregulated. EPA will allow companies to avoid updating emission controls if their plant’s equipment has been reviewed at any time within the past decade, and the measures used to calculate emissions levels will be reconfigured.
2. The review process built into NSR will be drastically scaled back. Until now, when facilities wanted to expand their production, thereby increasing their emissions, they would have to apply for permission and undergo EPA scrutiny and public comment. The rollback will do away with this requirement. Communities will now not know when a nearby power plant is increasing the amount of pollutants pumped into their backyards. The new regulations are slated to go into effect in March 2003.
http://www.edf.org/documents/2695_cleanairact.htm

Republican pres. & congress. Imagine that.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #190
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

In 1977 President Jimmy Carter's Council of Environmental Quality was asked to develop a national acid rain research program. Several scientists drafted a report that eventually became the basis for the National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program (NAPAP). Carter's initiative eventually translated into legislative action with the passage of the Energy Security Act (PL 96–264) in June 1980. Title VII of the Act (the Acid Precipitation Act of 1980) created the NAPAP and authorized federally financed support.
http://www.libraryindex.com/pages/26...ACID-RAIN.html
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote