Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2003, 12:29 PM   #11
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I've seen that [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] of your before, Z. It's bothered you for a while. Quick querry: do you ever toss your cigs on the sidewalk while walking? I must admit I do sometimes.

Sorry, but I throw apples out the window. While I would not throw paper or other trash out, apples/oranges/etc. are not just biodegradable, they are actually pure biotic material. I toss them on the ground where they will disappear (to microbes, rain, and scavangers) inside of a week. It's better than in the plastic bag in the landfill for my children to enjoy. BTW, fully 70% [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] of trash in landfills are compost material such as grass clippings in plastic bags. While mulching mowers have done a lot to help this in recent years (and, the fertilize your lawn [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ), there is still a lot of ages-old grass taking up space underground.

But, I do get in the extreme lane, and I make sure to toss it far and into the woods/grass. I wouldn't dare risk hitting a car - well, unless Horatio was driving it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 12:30 PM   #12
WillowIX
Apophis

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Animal. Perhaps some people don´t know how to use the blinkers. That little lever is soo hard to find you know.

Ziroc, I totally agree although I would stretch it a little further. I get upset by people throwing most anything out the window. Yeah, throw the McDonald's leftovers out the window cause you can´t have them in the car long enough to put them where they belong.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:42 PM   #13
Chewbacca
Zartan

Not to mention people who honk at you to hurry up and go while your at a red light. Never happened to me before I moved to Boston, but I was so stunned at the guy behund me honking and screaming the first time it happened, I sat at the light that had finally changed green for at least 15 seconds until I regained my composure and finished flipping him off! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 01:05 PM   #14
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Here is another Rant I have: People that flick cigs out the window. They think the world is their private dump. I always feel like ramming them when I see that. Look, if you smoke, use your damn ashtray. Anyone else hate that too?
Yes that is a pet peeve of mine. I feel the same way about ppl that throw the cigs on the ground. Makes the environment look gross, whether it's the sidewalk or the park.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:26 PM   #15
The Lilarcor
Elminster

Then there are those who crash into their own houses...

But what bugs me off about that is the insurance companies! When I crashed into my house, I had just gotten the drivers permit, the one where parents have to be in the passenger seat. But due to insurance rates climbing faster and higher than a Boing 767, my dad took me out of Drivers Ed last year and I'm in it again. But how can you learn to be a good driver when you can't drive because your insurance is high! It's ludicracy.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:34 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
It's because they think they own the road.
Now really, Animal, it's very rude of you to drive on THEIR road, what's wrong with you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Seriously, though, I used to date a funeral director, and I can't tell you how many "clients" he'd get that were either people that had diven aggressively or we killed by someone else driving aggressively. He got more of those then Drinking & Driving victims.
Sorry about the insurance thing. I know that sucks. Here in NY, it's a no-fault state, so it doesn't matter what the circumstances are, if I get hit, it goes on my insurance.
I don't think it does if the other guy/gal is ticketed, harly! I've been hit several times and each one was the other person's fault so my insurance didn't go up.

Great rant, Animal! I always wonder why other people are so rude when driving and you wouldn't expect them to be that way in person...kind of like getting behind the wheel makes them brings out the worst!
Old 05-06-2003, 05:22 PM   #17
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
There are so many bad drivers! Man! Yesterday I was at a roundabout and I was in the left lane going straight ahead, which was perfectly fine, and the guy in the right line thought he'd go left, which was NOT legal, and the only reason he didn't crash into me was because I had to slam my brakes on. And indicators! I think people think that they're indicating for their own benefit, like, I'm just turning now, self. They don't seem to have figured out that it's for other drivers to know what they're doing.

I also hate people who keep creeping forward at a red light, they just can't wait to go, but when it finally does go greeen they miss it. I hate people talking on mobile phones (which is illegal unless they're handsfree), and people who speed! The other day I'm driving along at the speed limit on a one lane each way road in the middle of the city and this guy zooms up behind me and overtakes in the lane going the opposite way! He made up so much time too, I was right behind him at the next set of lights [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 06:20 PM   #18
Lavindathar
Harper

I guess I class as one of your bad drivers!

I rear ended a car about a month back, and it was totally my fault! I wasnt paying full attention I guess, I cant remember why, next thing BANG. Oops, my bad.

But I know I'm a very good driver, I just need to realise that I have to pay attention all the time and not have a half arsed attitude when I cant be bothered!
Old 05-06-2003, 06:30 PM   #19
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Yea, I don't even want to take Driver's Ed at my school now (the driving part). Even though I've got a bad leg, I was going to take it until I heard about what my DE teacher does when you drive. At every corner he slams on the brakes even when you do when no one else is on the road, he's an idiot.

I'm just going to drive on my own, you can't learn how to drive from books and videos, that's why I hated Driver's Ed. I'm going to take my test at the license branch and get my permit once my leg heals. I will take one rule into consideration though, my dad says you always have to drive for the other person, in other words always keep your focus on the road. It's a small town so I shouldn't have too much trouble.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:17 PM   #20
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

I also hate people who keep creeping forward at a red light, they just can't wait to go, but when it finally does go greeen they miss it. I hate people talking on mobile phones (which is illegal unless they're handsfree), and people who speed! The other day I'm driving along at the speed limit on a one lane each way road in the middle of the city and this guy zooms up behind me and overtakes in the lane going the opposite way! He made up so much time too, I was right behind him at the next set of lights [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]
Yes, yes, but the next time he sits there frantically working his penis vaccum pump, he will blissfully remember that important victory over a woman which will enable him to hold the erection for an extra 5 seconds, bringing his total to 10 seconds. So, take heart, it DID serve a purpose!
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -