Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 12-03-2001, 04:03 PM   #1
BRNDL BACKBREAKER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Any ideas on how to get by the Dark Elf Mage in Worm's Tooth? He is surrounded by Iron Golems and Umber Hulks and the dialogue only allows a battle.
BRNDL BACKBREAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 05:37 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I kind of used hit and run tactics, since I got my ass kicked on the first shot at him. To be really cheesy throw a cloudkill into the area before they are view. The other, send a scout in to draw them out then hit them as they come. I tried both ways, they both work but its still gonna be a tough fight regardless
Old 12-03-2001, 05:59 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Hmm, I hasted and prayered all the wonder spells on my party, then I charged in, tackled one golem at a time. Both fell easily, then killed the mage so easily.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 07:54 PM   #4
dragons rage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hit and run always works the best, go in with spells flying. it should help.
Old 12-03-2001, 09:29 PM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

First off, cast every protective spell you have. Then summon as much fodder as you can and after that draw him out and attack the opposition with ranged weapons. I would suggest getting rid of the umber hulks first.