Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #1
Paal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Every know and then with a few years in between I say to myself; "Damn, about time I play that Baldur game again" and its now like a family tradition to me. Since I usually play trough the game with a few years break It still pulls off some surprises every now and then.
An example of this is my reunion with Kangaxx. I paid him a visit in chapter two you see and having slain the elemental lich and the shadow lich I thought this kangaxx lich would be a piece of cake as well.
So I hid my characters from his line of sight, sent in some summons that he could play with and when his first set of spells were wasted I sent Korgan to axe him down to Injured status. He quickly got a new set of spells, Korgan with the boots of haste ran like hell to safety and I sent some more animal gifts to Kangaxx. He wasted a few spells and I came to a point where I ran out of summons. I thought that the best thing to do would be to engage and I buffed myself and attacked him with full firepower. I pierced magic and breached his protections and he fell pretty quickly.
Then he caught me totally surprised and shocked when he transformed into the so called "Demi Lich. I had totally forgot about that part and after my party was sent down to the core of the earth I hit reload and fled.

For the time being I'm at the very end of chapter two. I have three quests left in the city and I have yet to pay a visit to Trademeet and Windspear Hills. Before Heading to chapter three I'm considering to battle the Demi Lich. Well knowing that its a well suited task for a high level party I have to consider some things.
Firstly the skull can only be hit by +4 enchanted weapons or greater. He has no physical attack but unless you have some spare "Protection from magic scrolls" it's gonna be a doomed task. I checked with the mart in waukeens and they got two of them for sale. I figured that I only need two party members to take him down.
My plan is this: I cast protection from magic on Korgan and Viciona. I engage the demi lich and viciona uses the vhailors helm to cast simulacrum. The duplicate quickly before imprisoned shoots the ring of the ram at the lich. Viciona repeats the attack with the original ring and then korgan will use his magical cape to summon five 5+ Darts. He will throw them at the demi lich and hopefully he will drop dead.

So I would assure myself of some stats on the demi lich before launching a doomed kamikaze mission. Now how much hit points does he have and what AC does he have? As a backup plan I consider to purchase the Staff of Rymn(+4) That Korgan can later poke him with.

Oh and as a side note I play with tactics mod on Insane, but I've never heard of a Improved Kangaxx section so I guess its irrelevant. And that leads me to Torgal. Is the Improved Torgal mod, implemented into tactics mod? Because when I met him he seemed fairly easy to beat. He dropped dead after 6 fire arrows(the spell) several melfs acid, and on top of that Korgan was poking him with a +3 fire axe and yoshimo decorated him with fire arrows with the tugian bow.

After all this I'm going to try the beatlle of the twisted rune. It will however be the very last thing I do or not do of chapter Two. I also wonder if the Watchers keep is doable in chapter two? Ive only been there once and the only thing I remember is that its a huge bad ass demon boss there or something. I think I recall it was a tough battle and I used level 8 spells and planetars and such. Fill me inn please.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
OTG
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Beserker (and Battlerager) Rage > Imprisonment.
SPOILERS....

Side with the Shadow Thieves, start chapter 3, upgrade the Mace of Destruction, enrage Korgan (or Minsc) and giggle inanely.
OTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
Paal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm going to side with Bodhi this time. This being part because I have a evil party and part because I have never done so before. Thanks for the feedback though
Old 03-02-2007, 02:57 AM   #4
Envy
Dungeon Master

Welcome to Ironworks by the way... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
Paal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks, I killed Kangaxx today, I used Daystar on a Magic Protected Korgan, 5, +5 darts and the ring of the ram.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #6
IronDragon
Elminster

Congrats Paal

Sorry I’m late to the party.

But for next time:

Spoilerish
Kangaxx is undead. Next time you are in a friendly temple check out some of the scrolls available.