Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-02-2001, 11:51 AM   #1
Morninglord

Well, I know this board is about BG2, but since there are no board about Planescape on tgeweb, I have to ask my question anyway, and hope that anyone here have played this game.

In the "Alley of lingering sighs", or whatever it is called, the part of Sigil which lives, I have a problem. There is a face in the wall who won't let me pass unless I get rid of a Dabus who is continually working in the area. Now, I spoke to the Dabus and told him he had a dead Dabus friend inside a house close by, and he went in the house to check it up. The thing is, he is neither in the house when I enter it, nor anywhere else in the alley =(
A friend who played the game told me that you should do what I did, tell him about his dead friend, and then raze a half-broken house across the entrance to the house the Dabus entered (to trap him there and thus be "rid" of him). BUT, since he isn't in the house when I go there, I can't raze the house across the enntrance =( Is this a bug, or what is it?? The Dabus is nowehere to be found, but the face still won't let me pass. It surely seems like a bug, and I installed the patch, but to no avail.
What the dilleo should I do?? Is there any cheat for this game that enables me to get past problems like this, or is there a way to solve this crap?

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-02-2001, 01:11 PM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I played Torment a while back so I'm relying on a Shadows of Amn-distracted memory, but I think you'll find that, as you suggested you do indeed have to stop the Dabus from repairing the Alley. The distraction method definitely works (I think you can kill him but you may get it trouble from the Lady of Pain).

Did you go into the house BEFORE speaking to the repairing Dabus? Did you pick EVERYTHING up. A memory or conversation with the spirit of the dead Dabus happens in there somehow.
Then go talk to the repairing Dabus, and trap him in the house as per your friends suggestion.

The Alley exit will then be open to you.

I hope this helps Morninglord. Sorry if it doesn't.

Vi ses.
Old 01-02-2001, 03:45 PM   #3
One ANGRY lil' man

I just beat him to death. Well he was in the ally and stole all he had.

Old 01-02-2001, 03:58 PM   #4
The_Daemon

Have you fixed (or rather unfixed) the parts of the alley that the Dabus had worked on?
You have to do this, I will warn you that they can be quite difficult to find! You need a hammer and crowbar. Place you cursor over the scenery along that back alley at two places. You'll notice the cursor sign change and when you click you'll get options.
Hope that sorts your problem out.
If the wall is still asking you to kill the Dabus, did you tell the Dabus about his mate? The Dabus prolly disappeared into that house - consult the wall.