Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-09-2001, 10:01 AM   #1
nakkinaama
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was thinking to solo with sorcerer, but I was wandering what I should do with traps. Since mage is very vulnerable to traps and I know there are quite many between me and Irenicus. (and I plan to do all quests and darkest day)
Old 11-09-2001, 10:41 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

WELCOME! You are your first member from Finland!(I think)
You should dual or multi the sorcerer with a thief or a priest.

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]

Old 11-09-2001, 10:47 AM   #3
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

You cannot dual your sorcerer into anything. As far as the traps are concerned, stoneskin helps with the ones that do physical damage. Try using summoned critters to set off the traps.

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Mitro Jellywadder ]

Old 11-09-2001, 11:06 AM   #4
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I'm soloing a sorcerer right now!! I have been using stoneskin, protection from petrification and mirror image to avoid most of the damage from traps. If its an area effect trap I just get out of the radius of the cloud.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:13 AM   #5
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzy Animal:
I'm soloing a sorcerer right now!! I have been using stoneskin, protection from petrification and mirror image to avoid most of the damage from traps. If its an area effect trap I just get out of the radius of the cloud.

I'm soloing one too. How far along are you?
Old 11-09-2001, 11:21 AM   #6
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:

I'm soloing one too. How far along are you?

Just got to level 13, I'm doing Mae'Vars's Guild quest now. So far I am happy with my spell selection, but I have had a lot of reloads til I could figure out the right combination of spells to use in any given situation. Quests I've completed: Nalia's Keep, Trademeet, Bridge District Murders, Copper Coronet Slave Quest.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:30 AM   #7
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzy Animal:

Just got to level 13, I'm doing Mae'Vars's Guild quest now. So far I am happy with my spell selection, but I have had a lot of reloads til I could figure out the right combination of spells to use in any given situation. Quests I've completed: Nalia's Keep, Trademeet, Bridge District Murders, Copper Coronet Slave Quest.

I'm still at 12th level. I'm also doing the Mae'Vars' quest. I checked through everyones spell list that they had going and wrote mine down. (I absolutely HATE escaping from the dungeon for the two hundredth time) Nalia's keep was quick and easy. I got killed twice in the Bridge Dist. (stupid assasins) I accidently caught Hendak with an area of effect spell. (Had to kill him too) I did however continue to rid the city of the slavers.
I took care of the brawls with Capt. Dennis, the one in the sewer, and the Den of the Seven Vales. Finally, the pathetic circus tent.

As soon as I am done with Mae Var, I am going to hit Trademeet.

Btw
nakkinaama,

sorry for clutering up your thread

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Mitro Jellywadder ]

Old 11-09-2001, 11:39 AM   #8
Kaleban
Manshoon

Good luck with the sorc. There are only a few classes of traps, I'll list them and their "counterspells" below:

Physical (i.e. Spike traps) - Stoneskin
Projectile (poison/lightning) - Mirror Image (not 100% but close)
Gas (Cloudkill) - Run out of the cloud (no counterspell)
Spell (Maze, Imprisonment, etc.) - Spell Immunity (select appropriate school)
Flesh to Stone - Protection from Petrification

The good thing is that as a Sorc you should have these spells in your selection anyways and not have to worry about traps. Stoneskin is vital, Mirror Image is a great defensive spell, Spell Immunity is very powerful when used correctly, and Protection from Petrification can protect you from gaze attacks from any number of creatures such as Demons and others.

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Kaleban ]

Old 11-10-2001, 02:26 AM   #9
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

HAHAHA...I just stomped poor old Thaxll'ssillyia's scaly hide. Dragon stew anyone? Soloing is sooooo much more fun than dragging a bunch of characters around. The bad guys just seem to drop like flies. (Firkraag, you'd better find a better hiding spot.)
Old 11-10-2001, 10:15 AM   #10
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:
HAHAHA...I just stomped poor old Thaxll'ssillyia's scaly hide. Dragon stew anyone? Soloing is sooooo much more fun than dragging a bunch of characters around. The bad guys just seem to drop like flies. (Firkraag, you'd better find a better hiding spot.)

Hee Hee!!! I agree, Umar Hills here I come!!! I've been busy doing Aran Linvail's mini quests. The game just goes so much faster without worrying about npcs. I'm level 14 now!! Go sorcerers GO!!!!