Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Calagari
Manshoon

Default NWN 1 Bone Golem Chanp

It seems like I am always back here asking for help Sorry if I am getting annoying. I hope not but I am facing this Bone Golem Champion in Layenne's Tomb. I have been trying most of the afternoon to kill him and am failing miserably. I can't seem to stay on my feet long enough to do much damage. I have tried owl potions, wisdom percept necklaces, drinking so many potions my stomach must gurgle. I even tried the ceremonial spear from the tribal chief, I am not even going to try and spell that name.
Any hints on how to prepare for this guy?
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:22 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: NWN 1 Bone Golem Chanp

I don't recall the encounter, actually. However, seeing as it's a bone golem, you may want to try the best blunt weapon you have. They are more effective against them.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Calagari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
I don't recall the encounter, actually. However, seeing as it's a bone golem, you may want to try the best blunt weapon you have. They are more effective against them.
That's it Robert You're in the will now. As many of these type games that I have played I should have remembered what the best type weapon against boned monsters was. I don't know if old age is starting to show or if I just got too focused on my character.
I have been working up this dual wielding (scimitars) Ranger focusing on his use of scimitars. I guess I got so tunnel visioned on his using only blades I forgot that certain weapons have advantages over others.
I had the smith make me a special Morningstar +4 this morning. It cost me almost every gold piece I had but it was worth it. I knocked down the champion in the first 2 hits and killed him shortly after.
Thanks once again for the help.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

No problem. Let's hope I don't have to collect on that will for a good long time.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:30 AM   #5
Calagari
Manshoon

HaHa I wouldn't quit your day job. The way the wife is ripping through what we have there won't be much left at the end.
If I could find that potion of ambition I have laying around somewhere I would go back to work to further the fund.
What am I saying? I must be under the influence of a confusion spell. LOL