Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-31-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
Calagari
Manshoon

Default NWN1 Electrified doorway in Warehouse

I don't know if I broke the quest or not the way I did the Beggar's Nest quest. I didn't go directly to the Shining Serpent, then go to the Great Cemetary. I found the cemetary on my own cleaned it out then found the Shining Serpent.
I got into the Wherehouse and got to the room where I released Walter. To the right of that is a electrified doorway I can't get past. I searched the wherehouse for a lever of some kind but didn't find one. I am done in Beggar's Nest except for this nagging issue. How do I get past the doorway?
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: NWN1 Electrified doorway in Wherehouse

That's strange. The electrical barrier blocks an entrance to the crypts and is lifted once you defeat Drawl.

Last edited by ZFR; 08-31-2007 at 10:31 AM.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
Calagari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFR View Post
That's strange. The electrical barrier blocks an entrance to the crypts and is lifted once you defeat Drawl.

I haven't seen Drawl that I am aware of. I killed Gulnan (SP) and got the heart. The locked doors of the great Cemetary opened up. I found Krestal even though I don't remember getting the quest to find him. There was a locked down down in the warrens that said something like this door is locked but there may be another entrance. Something like that. I thought maybe that was the electric doorway? I'll go back in and see if I missed something.

I got a 10% off coupon at Best buy today and bought NWN2. I won't be installing it until I am done with NWN1.

Last edited by Calagari; 08-31-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

OK, that explains it.

Had you gone to the warehouse before killing Gulan, you'd have met Drawl just beside Walter's cage. Drawl is the leader of the sword coast gang, whom you must've heard of (Walter was one of them). Killing Drawl opens the electrified way into the crypts.
Apparently Drawl disappears after you kill Gulan (?? can't say for sure, because I never tried it).

If you have a save right before killing Gulan, you might want to reload it and go kill Drawl first (and finish off all the other beggar's nest quests if you've any left), then come back and kill Gulan. Drawl is worth a fair amount of XP and possibly carries a few items as well. It's like a mini-boss fight.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:53 PM   #5
Calagari
Manshoon

I am not sure I have a save before I did that. I will sure check though. I tend to save over a previous save when in the same area. Something I guess I should stop doing. I was having some crashing in the penninsula district so I have been saving more often than usual. I think that is cleared up now. Just goes to show you how you can mess up the game. Leave it to me.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:15 PM   #6
Calagari
Manshoon

I found a save game that was at the finish of the Peninsula district. I started the Beggar's Nest from the beginning again. This time I went to the tavern and talked to both npcs there. I hadn't talked to Drake before until after I finished the crypts. This time he gave me both Krestal & Jemanie quests.
Last time after I did the warehouse Krestal didn't have anything to say to me. This time he outlined Drawl and what happened to him. When I got to the warehouse Drawl was in the room with the electrified doorway.
Funny how you can screw up the game without even knowing it. I thought you could randomly play the game without a plan. Now I know to pay close attention to any clues or advice given me. Now I just have to redo all I did in the crypts and Gulnan again.