Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-01-2002, 08:39 AM   #11
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Choose the wolf. then multi class the wizard and chose the raven. Or chose the panther, and multi class to wizard and choose another panther. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 08:43 AM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I also went with the panther, because it looked the most fun. Yet, don't you get a second companion after you reach a higher level? If so, I will then go for the raven.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 12:55 PM   #13
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Choose the wolf. then multi class the wizard and chose the raven. Or chose the panther, and multi class to wizard and choose another panther. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
hmmm...a little army, here I come!

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:08 PM   #14
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Is it possible to multi-class a Druid for the Animal, A wizard for the familiar, and a ranger for another Animal?
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:11 PM   #15
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Obsidian the Black:
Is it possible to multi-class a Druid for the Animal, A wizard for the familiar, and a ranger for another Animal?
Yes. I am not sure what the other combinations give you, but I have a 9th level Ranger / 3rd level thief / 1st level Sorceror. When you add a class with a familiar, the game allows you to use them even if you have other familiar / companions. I have the bear as animal companion and the imp for sorceror. Lots of cool combinations possible. Ranger companion is the strongest as he is the highest level. When you get stronger, so does your companion / familiar. For the most part, I don't use them though as they get killed really fast in higher level fights.

EDIT: Actually, what I do sometimes is tell them to stand their ground while I go exploring. If there is an area that I feel I need them, I issue the follow command.

[ 08-01-2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 08-01-2002, 01:15 PM   #16
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

No, what i mean is all three on your side.
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:25 PM   #17
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Obsidian the Black:
No, what i mean is all three on your side.
Yes, that's what I am saying. You can bring ALL familiars in 1/day. I have my bear and imp by my side. I also use a scroll to bring in a spider. So I have 3 at my side. I haven't tested adding another class with a familiar, but it should allow it.

EDIT: Ok, I just tried out that theory. If you have a mage / sorceror, it only allows you to gate in 1 familiar. You can choose between either one, but only one comes in. Then both options become possess familiar. Haven't tried it with druid though, but since that is a companion, I think it will do the same. So, it looks like you can only have 2 others beside a spell. So 3 is max. I have animal companion, familiar, and a summoned creature. 3 all total.

[ 08-01-2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 08-01-2002, 01:30 PM   #18
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

heh, have an animal companion, a familar, a SUMMONED creature, and a henceman, and you have ur own little army, + urself.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:51 PM   #19
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
heh, have an animal companion, a familar, a SUMMONED creature, and a henceman, and you have ur own little army, + urself.
Actually, it goes a little beyond that too. If you choose a henchman that can have a familiar / companion then you may get one more to the party. Most henchman I have chosen do not have this ability though. I don't use henchman since I multi-play. If someone joins the game, then leaves, that henchman can not be used again after that (for whatever chapter you are in - it appears to reset at the beginning of the next chapter).
Old 08-01-2002, 02:39 PM   #20
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

does the animal companion gets better when you advance level? I mean gets more HP
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote