Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2001, 12:05 AM   #1
Magnus

I wish I knew more. But I've only seem screen shots on the website for it. (don't remember excactly where it is now, but probably easy to find and worth the look!) Also there have been some ads in the usual gaming magazines.
Old 02-03-2001, 12:14 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Nancy: Wizardy 5, 6, and 7 were all designed by DW Bradley. Of these, 6 and 7 most closely resemble Wizards and Warriors in storyline, IMO, although the engine is DOS-based and very dated as far as graphics go. The storyline and NPC interaction in these games, however, is well worth a revisit. If you're interested, the Wizardry Archives, which contains all Wizardry releases (1-7 and Gold) is available at Interplay's website. I think the Interplay Store URL is: http://www.interplay-store.com/direct/merch.html .

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 12:53 AM   #3
Rusty
Welcomed New User

The experience is quite different, but Planescape: Torment is a game that really grabbed
me. Rarely does a computer game produce emotions in me, but Planescape's characters
and story are second to none. I can't recommend it highly enough. And refreshingly,
killing things is not the main activity.

Good luck,
Rusty
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 10:48 AM   #4
Nancy

Any suggestions for a good RPG? Something very similar to the W & W format.
Old 02-03-2001, 10:56 AM   #5
Magnus

Things seem pretty dry in the RPG genre. I check the gaming magazines pretty regularly but there just it's much. Did you see the size of last months PC Gamer? VERY THIN!
Do you know anything about the new "Pool of Radiance"?
Old 02-03-2001, 11:17 AM   #6
Moni

Nancy,
Have you considered going a second round with W&W? Perhaps with only 1-3 characters?
I finished the game but saved them with hopes of taking out just the Zenmaster and the Assassin out for adventures but can't let go of the characters they started with LOL and have yet to really begin a second play through but many others here have and they can really find challenges and have fun playing single or dual player games!

We are all awaiting the release of Wizardry 8 at present having no real hopes of having a game this fun until then (and of course with a sequel to W&W!)

Magnus...what do you know about the new Pool of Radiance?! I am clueless but I remember playing the first one on the Nintendo I think and if I played it, it had to be fun!
; )
Moni
Old 02-03-2001, 11:26 AM   #7
Nancy

I have a hard time playing the same game twice. It seems there is no challenge once you know where everything is. I have never played any of the Wizardry games, do they have a similar format as W&W?
Old 02-03-2001, 04:29 PM   #8
Lord Roberts

Hey Nancy Have you tried DAGGERFALLS-THE ELDER SCROLLS CHAPTER 2.

Very interesting and lots of character building!, Dungeons to explore, people to find and riddles.

Rob