Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-31-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Default Best armor for my pally?

Hey, I finally got my NWN game working, and I'm soloing a paladin, right now. I've recovered three of the 4 Waterdhavian components, and I'm thinking about crafting some items with Marrok.
First off, I'm wearing Full plate, right now. Can I craft better armor by Marrok (in chapter 1), or should I keep on trucking?
I'm also thinking about upgrading my greatsword +1 to the harbinger kin +1.
Is this worth it, or should I hold on to my materials for better stuff to be made, later?

Thanks,
Dron
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Best armor for my pally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dron_Cah View Post
Hey, I finally got my NWN game working, and I'm soloing a paladin, right now. I've recovered three of the 4 Waterdhavian components, and I'm thinking about crafting some items with Marrok.
First off, I'm wearing Full plate, right now. Can I craft better armor by Marrok (in chapter 1), or should I keep on trucking?
I'm also thinking about upgrading my greatsword +1 to the harbinger kin +1.
Is this worth it, or should I hold on to my materials for better stuff to be made, later?

Thanks,
Dron
question: what's your dex? without knowing it it's difficult to answer since max dex modifier is a big factor for armors.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:07 PM   #3
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion

My dexterity is a 10, so no modifer.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

With DEX 10 you'll want your armour as heavy as possible, unless you intend to wear items that boost your dexterity.
Regular cloth gives the highest potential bonus to AC but you need a DEX 30+ before it's better than padded armour with DEX 26 or fullplate with DEX 12. All the other suits offer less protection, but the best armour is usually the type that makes the most out of your DEX modifier without giving you weight problems due to low STR scores or requiring extra armour feats.
In your case, fullplate and a magical +2 DEX bonus makes the most out of your armour class, particularly when combined with a large or tower shield instead of a greatsword.

As far as item upgrades go, you probably won't find the materials to make every upgrade on offer but you don't need to save up either. If you build your character to wield a greatsword and fullplate, then those are upgrades you want to make whenever possible. The effects aren't mind blowing but it's still a nice bonus.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Thank you, Legolas, I will keep this in mind.