Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 10-22-2004, 02:07 AM   #1
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well I am currently going through the list of scariest moments and was wondering, what are the 5 scenes that you found the most scary in films?
Old 10-22-2004, 03:09 AM   #2
shadowhound

My Choices:

5. Taking Lives
The scene in which Angelina Jolie is on the matress in the killer's room and suddenly his arm bursts through right beside her was one of the few movie moments that made me jump. I also saw the rest of the audience jump in their seats.

4. The Exorcist
The scene in which Linda Blair does unspeakable acts with a crucifix really freaked me out when I first saw it.

3. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Not really a horror movie but when I was a kid the tunnel scene was the most desturbing thing I had ever seen. I always loved horror movies but a scene as gross/weird as that in a children's film just threw me off a bit.

2. The Ring
Watching the dead girl crawl through the TV just gave me the chills, end of discussion.

1. Seven
For the ultimate jump moment watch the scene in Seven where they find the "sloth" victim... not only is it a disgusting thing to see/imagine but when it sat up I almost lept straight in the air.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:59 AM   #3
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Thank you, shadowhound. I must now go watch the shining. Hearing about a kid just absoultely losing it, and chanting "Red rum" is too cool.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:35 AM   #4
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Good list and good site, too bad they completely botched up the screen caption of the closet scene in The Ring. That scene was the most shocking I have ever seen in a movie theatre, but that screen caption doesn't do it justice at all.

On topic, at least three scenes in The Shining are on my top 5 scary scenes. When the boy rides his little toy bicycle through the corridor and encounters the twin girls, when he chants redrum over and over again in a slow crescendo, and when the mother is running through the hotel in panic and from a distance sees a man in a bear costume doing... something with a man in a suit.

[ 10-22-2004, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 10-22-2004, 10:53 PM   #5
shadowhound

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Thank you, shadowhound. I must now go watch the shining. Hearing about a kid just absoultely losing it, and chanting "Red rum" is too cool.
Yeah The Shining is a classic
Old 10-23-2004, 12:47 AM   #6
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

I know you may all laugh at me when I say this... but the scariest movie I have ever watched is

"Ernest Scared-Stiff"

I saw it when I was about 8. At the time, it was soooo scary. A little girl was in her room... and was scared because she thought something was under her bed. After calling in her mother to check the bed, and the mother leaving, she checks under the bed herself. She sees nothing. This is, of course, until she finds THE MONSTER WAITING FOR HER WHEN SHE LOOKS BACK UP! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH!

[img]graemlins/scream.gif[/img]

I literally jumped behind the lounge I was sitting on.
Dave_the_quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:52 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

In HALLOWEEN (The first one) when I was young, I remember Loomis (the doc) coming up to the insane prison at night, and then you see all the crazy people in sheets wandering around in the field was a REALLY freaky moment.

Another moment was in THE FOG (another J.C Movie) when the fog people/undead knocked on the door at night. totally scary!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:52 PM   #8
Marathon
Elminster

Basically, all of the scenes from The Shining. Best horror movie in my opinion.

Also, the scene from The Thing. Great movie. Pretty freaky.

And the clown scene from Poltergeist. Scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 12:14 AM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

1. The Evil Dead, when that one girl "changed" and they had her trapped in the basement, and chained the trap door that lead to said basement, but it wasn't chained to where it was completely flat on the floor, so you could still see her peeking out with those hideous eyes.

2. Exorcist, the head turning part, and the body wording part.

3. Trilogy of Terror - The Tikki Doll one that comes alive, when the woman (portrayed by Karen Black) went through a lot to get it into a suitcase, and it starts sawing its way out, the sound effects from it while it is sawing was just plain creepy LOL.

4. Day of the Dead (I could be wrong, not really sure, was one of them anyways). It was the one where there was this lab that was experimenting on the zombies, and it was just really the sickest thing I've ever watched, as one "doctor" was experimenting on his parents, who he apparently hated too. And the zombie killing was really graphic, i.e., one would tear someones throat out and their screams were just horrible, with the vocal chords all being severed. I really don't know if this movie is the "scariest" per se, maybe more the most horrid and disturbing, and not in a fun horror movie way either, ugg.

5. I'm out of movies now, umm... Guess I'll use my last one to say The Ring, the mirror parts where you could see this adult woman with long dark hair, just little takes of her here and there along the movie, but especially that one part where it looks like she sees "you" looking at her while she is looking into the mirror. Creepy!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:46 AM   #10
Dajjer
The Magister

Some of the top 100 are more about gore than actual frights.

1) Invaders from Mars (50's version): watching the sand pit close after it's sucked up an earthling coupled with that choral music
2) Alien: Exploring that ancient ship (chest buster wasn't scary just amazingly gruesome)
3) Psycho: shower scene, to this day I always check the bathroom
4) Them: The sounds the ants make
5) Poltergist (2?): this old guy comes to the screen door and starts talking crazy and he looks like death warmed over. the actor who played that role died shortly after the film was released.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote